Which car do I choose ? M1 vs 13’ GT500

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
For a daily driver….Mach 1 all the way. The Mach 1 will be a great driver for you. From a financial perspective it will be, like most cars, a depreciating asset. The 13/14 GT500 will be one of the most collectible Mustangs down the road.
Sponsored

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
If you can financially, buy them both.

If you can only buy one, start with the S197 and if you can swing it add the M1 later. I note there is a son in the picture. Legacy seems of value to you and that means sacrifice a little now and get both..

Your exit strategy if situations change (kid turns into a werewolf or something) you can always sell one or the other depending on the then existing circumstances on markets for them and appreciation/depreciation metrics. I know there's likely added storage safekeeping but with one car you're a curator and the other is more of a wasting asset.

I'm living the dream and that's what I did and have a 67 Shelby for 51 years now, the 2020 Mustang PP2, 1988 Fox Body 5.0 unmolested LX Coupe, and a 1967 S Code Coupe original 4-speed and a wife of 47 plus years who has put up with me.

I have 3 sons and a daughter. They can do what they want with these cars when I'm dust.

You only live once, make sacrifices in life and after all you can always sell them if things go bad. I held on and I'm happier than a prairie dog on the freeway.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I don't hear "my wife will drive the M1 beast"........ at all..

Seriously, a Mustang GT is a far cry on the street from a M1 or Shelby GT350.

My sons wife will not drive his 16 Gt 350.....and my lady friend will not drive my M1..

Why..YOU HAVE TO DRIVE THESE CREATURES EVERY SECOND....ROUGH RIDE,...DARTY, QUICK........

Family life is a gift..don't get divorced about the confined life....... where you want a hot rod and have to sneak one in.....
My wife drives my M1. She loves it…

She has a Lexus for her daily driving and sometimes tells me she miss driving the M1.

MachTT002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 #TT002, 2022 F250, 2010 GT
I’ve owned a 10r80 Mach and a 500 wheel s197 track pack car …. If you want something that feels only like a good muscle car go s197 …. If you want a super car that reminds of you of a muscle car, go Mach 1 …. I only expected it to be a little better than a well set up s197 and it exceeded every expectation I had and I like it a little more every time I get her out …. Probably one of the most under rated cars of all time because of the publicity the GT500 got …. Almost like the boss 302/429 in 69/70
IMG_6619.jpeg

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I’ve owned a 10r80 Mach and a 500 wheel s197 track pack car …. If you want something that feels only like a good muscle car go s197 …. If you want a super car that reminds of you of a muscle car, go Mach 1 …. I only expected it to be a little better than a well set up s197 and it exceeded every expectation I had and I like it a little more every time I get her out …. Probably one of the most under rated cars of all time because of the publicity the GT500 got …. Almost like the boss 302/429 in 69/70
IMG_6619.jpeg
The Mach 1 is definitely underrated just because it’s “ not a Shelby” and it’s only a “GT with stickers”. lol

Maybe in 10-20yrs might be a different story and people will look at them differently.
Sponsored