Reaction score
Website
www.dodgechallenger.uk
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium, 1970 Challenger, Ferrari 360
Hi All,

So I bought an Ecoboost from a Ford Dealer last week, I drove it around for a few days and I wasn't getting on with it at all. Maybe it was the specific car I bought, but it had no guts. I'd put my foot down and it had no urgency at all and was struggling up hills. Maybe there was a issue with the turbo? And the manual shift was notchy and wouldn't go into gear easily. I can't imagine they're all like that. So I sold it back to the dealer. Bit sad to see it go but it didn't drive like a performance car.

And instead I've bought a V8 auto from same dealer. I'm pleased to say that it goes like stinky and I absolutely love it. :)

Here's a shot of it.

Mustang.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations you’re going to love it !!! what year is your new baby.?

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
Hi All,

So I bought an Ecoboost from a Ford Dealer last week, I drove it around for a few days and I wasn't getting on with it at all. Maybe it was the specific car I bought, but it had no guts. I'd put my foot down and it had no urgency at all and was struggling up hills. Maybe there was a issue with the turbo? And the manual shift was notchy and wouldn't go into gear easily. I can't imagine they're all like that. So I sold it back to the dealer. Bit sad to see it go but it didn't drive like a performance car.

And instead I've bought a V8 auto from same dealer. I'm pleased to say that it goes like stinky and I absolutely love it. :)

Here's a shot of it.

Mustang.JPG
Yes, once you feel that V8 power, it's hard to settle for less. Nice!

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Congratulations! Great looking car, although i might be biased having a similar black vert. I also traded in an ecoboost for the v8. My ecoboost was not bad, and the turbos made it quick and responsive, like a little sports car. I just longed for the 8 cylinder rumble.
Best of luck on the new ride….

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Hi All,

Here's a shot of it.

Mustang.JPG
I’m not sure I understand how one “gets it on” with their Mustang, but it is a new world full of many different choices I suppose. Glad you had fun with it before you let it go. Enjoy it. The new one is sweet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark_B

Mark_B

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dodgechallenger.uk
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations you’re going to love it !!! what year is your new baby.?
I'm sure I will. It's a 2016 with only 15k on the clock. So it hasn't had much of a life.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure I understand how one “gets it on” with their Mustang, but it is a new world full of many different choices I suppose. Glad you had fun with it before you let it go. Enjoy it. The new one is sweet.
Is a very common term, replace it with hammered .. understand?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure I will. It's a 2016 with only 15k on the clock. So it hasn't had much of a life.
The 2016 is my favorite year for the GT. Love the hood turn signals and the pony on the inside of the hood. Er, you might call it boot, I understand.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Congratulations! Great looking car, although i might be biased having a similar black vert. I also traded in an ecoboost for the v8. My ecoboost was not bad, and the turbos made it quick and responsive, like a little sports car. I just longed for the 8 cylinder rumble.
Best of luck on the new ride….
I can certainly understand the desire for the sound. But my EB has proven to be quick enough to cause me trouble a time or two. If I had the extra HP the damn thing would probably be impounded by now...

OP, enjoy your car, it's not a convertible but I'm sure it's fun enough anyway.

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Mark, what color was your ecoboost? Mine was blue, loved the color… black looks so slick when it is clean and shiny… until 2 minutes later when it gets dirty lol

IMG_6095.jpeg

OP
OP
Mark_B

Mark_B

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dodgechallenger.uk
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mark, what color was your ecoboost? Mine was blue, loved the color… black looks so slick when it is clean and shiny… until 2 minutes later when it gets dirty lol
It was Magnetic metallic grey. A great colour. Yes black is hard work.
Sponsored