Voodoo ported heads?

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So I got a wild hair and have been wondering what a set of ported heads would do on a bolt on GT350/GT350R. There is a member doing some internal engine work and a potential for access to purchasing the same heads done by the shop working on his car may be a possibility if I read correctly. I also found a company called Slawko Racing online that offers a set of 5.2 ported head for a reasonable price but I have not called the yet. I am going to visit a local shop in Covington, GA in about a week and talk to an experienced professional by the name of Scott Milner at Coupe Performance to get his thoughts on the possibility. I can safely assume that I may not be the only one that has entertained the idea. Thoughts? Just figured I would try to spark some renewed interest in the engine mods forum...:headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yes. That is the one that I referred to in my post. No update yet on his build progress.

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
So I got a wild hair and have been wondering what a set of ported heads would do on a bolt on GT350/GT350R. There is a member doing some internal engine work and a potential for access to purchasing the same heads done by the shop working on his car may be a possibility if I read correctly. I also found a company called Slawko Racing online that offers a set of 5.2 ported head for a reasonable price but I have not called the yet. I am going to visit a local shop in Covington, GA in about a week and talk to an experienced professional by the name of Scott Milner at Coupe Performance to get his thoughts on the possibility. I can safely assume that I may not be the only one that has entertained the idea. Thoughts? Just figured I would try to spark some renewed interest in the engine mods forum...:headbang:
Our cars already have CNC ported heads from the factory.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I saw that as well that's why I am doing my due diligence to see if there is a benefit of an aftermarket port job. I assume that the member that is doing the engine work will find out as well. Again, just postulating on potential benefit if there is any.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Hard to say without seeing results but Ford did a pretty damn nice job on the heads. On a N/A car is more than just hogging the ports open. Flow velocity becomes equally important

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Thanks. Understood. I am just digging around.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Looking forward to these results. Without headers, ported head and either stock or aftermarket port matched intake with flex fuel is the route that I want to take. I would love to see 550 plus na to the wheels. Don't think it would upset the balance of the car too much because there is no weight added with the power under the curve compared to stock changing significantly. The "balance upset" may come in where it moves the existing power curves.

Sponsored

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Looking forward to these results. Without headers, ported head and either stock or aftermarket port matched intake with flex fuel is the route that I want to take. I would love to see 550 plus na to the wheels. Don't think it would upset the balance of the car too much because there is no weight added with the power under the curve compared to stock changing significantly. The "balance upset" may come in where it moves the existing power curves.
Is there a consensus as to where the power will increase? Seems to me ported heads would add top end. But what about power under 3500 rpms which seems to be about the only criticism of the Voodoo?

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
True. I believe that the tunes are getting some additional low end torque. Hopefully his build will give us a better idea. Right now no one knows.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If the low end stayed the same but picked up gobs up top I'd be so down for that. I specifically am focused on the mid and top end since I work my shizz hard on track and autocross. I have a feeling cams will be needed to see major top end though. I said it before, I genuinely believe with a set of heads and cams another 100 crank HP is in this engine.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
^^^^^totally agree with you.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Anyone know the stock voodoo cam specs? Just read the L&M intake cam thread in the FI sub forum, and they picked up 90 hp on a procharged coyote. Considering how capable built coyotes are, there has to be more in the voodoo with the bigger displacement and better heads. Someone donate a car for L&M to develop top ends parts and see how much is left NA. If not cammed Gen 3 coyotes will just take over.
Sponsored