BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do all the GTs come standard with LSD?
Yes, but the performance pack has a Torsen instead of a clutch pack. The torsen has a higher bias ratio, which means better handling on the track or back roads. Both work well though.

That one you linked is nice. PP and Recaro seats. Win win.

OP
OP
Drek08

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Yes, but the performance pack has a Torsen instead of a clutch pack. The torsen has a higher bias ratio, which means better handling on the track or back roads. Both work well though.

That one you linked is nice. PP and Recaro seats. Win win.
Yea it is a nice one, if I was ready to buy now I would get it. I need to wait a few weeks

OP
OP
Drek08

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
I've also noticed that the non premium packages don't have the toggle switches on the console for sport mode and what not, but they all have sport mode right?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've also noticed that the non premium packages don't have the toggle switches on the console for sport mode and what not, but they all have sport mode right?
Yes. You just have to double tap the T/C button. It eases up the traction control and advancetrac intervention.

OP
OP
Drek08

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Yes. You just have to double tap the T/C button. It eases up the traction control and advancetrac intervention.
Ok so between the premium and base model there is no differences in performance abilities or modes, just interior features mainly?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Ok so between the premium and base model there is no differences in performance abilities or modes, just interior features mainly?
Yep....

And real men turn all that TC/SC stuff off.:D

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
edit: Nevermind. I clicked the wrong thing and got a white auto GT with PP wheels.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
It is my understanding that the sport modes are not the same. In the premium model the sport mode accessed via the toggle not only changes the steering firmness, it also changes the throttle modulation. I have heard the sport mode in the base only changes steering. Someone else will have to confirm this.

This doesn't make the premium faster though. It just makes the throttle feel more responsive.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Drek08

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
It is my understanding that the sport modes are not the same. In the premium model the sport mode accessed via the toggle not only changes the steering firmness, it also changes the throttle modulation. I have heard the sport mode in the base only changes steering. Someone else will have to confirm this.

This doesn't make the premium faster though. It just makes the throttle feel more responsive.
Hmm that makes sense. If I can't find a PP then I want at least the features of a premiums. There are quite a few premiums but not many used with PP

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

There's no modes on the base model. You just shut the AdvanceTrac off and do your thing. And a tune is what really works. $400 for a tune and you're driving a real beast.

The steering is adjustable on the base model, just like the premium model.

OP
OP
Drek08

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
There's no modes on the base model. You just shut the AdvanceTrac off and do your thing. And a tune is what really works. $400 for a tune and you're driving a real beast.

Gotcha. So on the base model with automatic will hold gears longer and do the rev match down shifting when slowing like it does on sport mode on the premium?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Gotcha. So on the base model with automatic will hold gears longer and do the rev match down shifting when slowing like it does on sport mode on the premium?
I can't comment on an auto, but I can say that a very basic and inexpensive modification is a tune, most people do them. And that will work wonders on an auto car's transmission. It recalibrates shifts and whatnot.

$400-$600 from Lund, Bama, and other tuners.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Eh, it displays "AdvanceTrack sport mode". You'll have to ask a base owner exactly what it does.

[ame]
Sponsored