Sponsored

Harrys Lap Timer VS VIRB 30 Ultra VS Racechrono

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Which Harry's Lap Timer version will automatically start a GoPro camera?

Does RaceChrono do this?

I know TrackAddict will. Nice to just hit one button.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Which Harry's Lap Timer version will automatically start a GoPro camera?

Does RaceChrono do this?

I know TrackAddict will. Nice to just hit one button.
HRT Petrol version will start a GoPro... most of the time.

Between the GoPro Hero5 Session overheating and loosing wifi and Harry's Lap Timer not quite getting the GPS data right to trigger at the start line, I've had a frustrating time. Also I've never gotten the iphone based accelerometer data to be timed correctly with the video in HRT.

It seems the data analysis part of TrackAddict may be a little better than HRT for comparing runs quickly, so I'm planning on switching over to that.

Also RaceRender is really nice for editing. Its worth the money for the paid version. Youtube doubler will only get you so far :)

rodhx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Premium
RaceChono is pretty simple. Assuming you have to GoPro connected, you tap the big red start button & choose your track the get the session running, then swipe right to bring up the video screen and tap the record button. I like that you start the season early and can wait to start your camera as you leave grid, etc.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
HRT Petrol version will start a GoPro... most of the time.

Between the GoPro Hero5 Session overheating and loosing wifi and Harry's Lap Timer not quite getting the GPS data right to trigger at the start line, I've had a frustrating time. Also I've never gotten the iphone based accelerometer data to be timed correctly with the video in HRT.

It seems the data analysis part of TrackAddict may be a little better than HRT for comparing runs quickly, so I'm planning on switching over to that.

Also RaceRender is really nice for editing. Its worth the money for the paid version. Youtube doubler will only get you so far :)
Thanks I was going to try HLT on a iphone but if you a have the same issues nevermind. The latest version of HLT wont even export data anymore.

Sponsored

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
Any advice for the best one on Android platform? I do have a Hero 5 (and 4, 3+, 3 also) but have never tried to mess with the built in gps/data stuff. But I would love to start comparing data on different runs.

I have a Galaxy S7edge phone if it makes a difference. I guess I'd need a windshield mount with any of the different apps?

lizardman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
Vehicle Showcase
Any advice for the best one on Android platform? I do have a Hero 5 (and 4, 3+, 3 also) but have never tried to mess with the built in gps/data stuff. But I would love to start comparing data on different runs.

I have a Galaxy S7edge phone if it makes a difference. I guess I'd need a windshield mount with any of the different apps?
Check out the Ram Mounts X Grip.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Screw it, I just got RaceChrono and Harry's and will try them this weekend at Gridlife. Tons of time in-between sessions to figure these apps out and fool with video. Only 4 sessions per day given all the activities. Maybe you'll see me on some YouTube videos - you know, with the usual DSLR cinematic techno music intro and blurred-out drifting cars.

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't know if it'll improve anything but I did see phone specific grips for Ram Mounts. I have the "X" or whatever but I haven't pushed the car with it attached.

Sponsored
OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Screw it, I just got RaceChrono and Harry's and will try them this weekend at Gridlife. Tons of time in-between sessions to figure these apps out and fool with video. Only 4 sessions per day given all the activities. Maybe you'll see me on some YouTube videos - you know, with the usual DSLR cinematic techno music intro and blurred-out drifting cars.
Let me know ill be at the track next weekend.

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
I use a Garmin VIRB and a Bluetooth connector in my OBDII, love it! You can check my YT channel for lots of videos using it. Being able to customize the HUD is awesome!

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I use a Garmin VIRB and a Bluetooth connector in my OBDII, love it! You can check my YT channel for lots of videos using it. Being able to customize the HUD is awesome!
That looks really good. Is that 3 cameras?

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
That looks really good. Is that 3 cameras?
Thank you. I have just the 1 Garmin but I've become pretty good at syncing up the data to the other video clips from my GoPros. It takes some time to get it right but I love multiple angles!
Sponsored