Stage 2 Power Pack Installed

srf52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
... torque to 62 in/lbs, followed with a 60 degree turn. A good torque wrench (Snap On) is great to have on hand. The performance results of the PP2 are very satisfying. YMMV.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I installed this kit too a few weeks ago.

Nice improvements, car is loud and is a beast on the freeway.
I can now barely tap the throttle in a slow speed turn and put the car sideways.
Also I got an Auto. The shift schedule is way more drive able. The shifts when smashing the throttle are faster and just feel way better. Im not sure how it compares to a Lund tune, but im sure ill eventually go that route. For now im very happy with this

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Is it normal that my Intake Air Temperature has become dramatically hotter with the PP2 Cold Air Intake?

When doing anything other than open road cruising (e.g. commuting in traffic, moving slowly <35mph), the IAT is 40 (or more) deg. F higher than ambient. When open road cruising the IAT will drop down to about 10 deg F higher than ambient.

I am wondering if the CAI box isn't "sealing" well against the hood and is drawing in hot engine compartment air rather than the cold air from up front.

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Unfortunately most of the open element "CAI" are hot air intakes. Crazy high iat at idle but cools down after driving.

Sponsored

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Is it normal that my Intake Air Temperature has become dramatically hotter with the PP2 Cold Air Intake?

When doing anything other than open road cruising (e.g. commuting in traffic, moving slowly <35mph), the IAT is 40 (or more) deg. F higher than ambient. When open road cruising the IAT will drop down to about 10 deg F higher than ambient.

I am wondering if the CAI box isn't "sealing" well against the hood and is drawing in hot engine compartment air rather than the cold air from up front.
I opened up my grill and installed a big mouth and it helped a ton.

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
I opened up my grill and installed a big mouth and it helped a ton.
opened up my grill and closed off the hood vent. In a downpour, you could possibly get enough water to get hydrolock- boom! the vent is directly over the filter :eek:

Last edited:

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I washed the hell out of my car today hosing water directly into the hood vent. Not a drop made it to my air filter or box. The insulation "pad" attached to the underside of the hood appears to be mostly waterproof. When I raised the hood afterward a bunch of water ran down between the pad and the hood and exited near the hinge.
Sponsored