Sponsored

Mustang Ecoboost vs Camaro 2.0T

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Anyone ever drove the Camaro? How does it compare to the ecoboost. The numbers are lower, but still would like to get some reviews on performance/reliability vs ecoboost.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Motor Trend says the Camaro is almost a Ferrari. That Motor has been around for a while. So it's probably pretty dependable.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Motor Trend says the Camaro is almost a Ferrari. That Motor has been around for a while. So it's probably pretty dependable.
Sorry, I was talking about the Camaro 2.0T, not the SS. I want the Ecoboost vs 2.0T comparison lol. But yeah the SS is a beast

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I was also talking about the 2.0T. Motor Trends love of the Camaro knows no bounds.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was also talking about the 2.0T. Motor Trends love of the Camaro knows no bounds.
Wasn't the 2.0T Camaro the car that General Motor Trend swapped the tires on to make it more competitive with the EB Mustang?

Sponsored

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I have not read any really convincing reviews about the 4cyl Camaro and as to why someone should choose it over the V6, when there is little difference in fuel economy vs performance and price.

Very similar situation with the 2.3EB Mustang vs the V6. There were no significant performance or fuel economy gains with the turbo four, but Ford killed of the V6 anyway.

It's my opinion that Ford and GM want the appearance of fuel economy. New generations of drivers care about this kinda stuff so Ford and GM are directing their efforts at them.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-20t-manual-test-review

Camaros aren’t for everyone, but a Camaro with a 2.0-liter turbo is, shall we say, for no one.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I have not read any really convincing reviews about the 4cyl Camaro and as to why someone should choose it over the V6, when there is little difference in fuel economy vs performance and price.

Very similar situation with the 2.3EB Mustang vs the V6. There were no significant performance or fuel economy gains with the turbo four, but Ford killed of the V6 anyway.

It's my opinion that Ford and GM want the appearance of fuel economy. New generations of drivers care about this kinda stuff so Ford and GM are directing their efforts at them.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-20t-manual-test-review

Camaros aren’t for everyone, but a Camaro with a 2.0-liter turbo is, shall we say, for no one.
I heard a Camaro with the 2.0 liter and exhaust yesterday and it sounded AWFUL! Worse than a Civic.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Wasn't the 2.0T Camaro the car that General Motor Trend swapped the tires on to make it more competitive with the EB Mustang?
They compared the 2.0 to the EB PP Mustang. So all season tires against performance tires. So they made it even. No different is they compared a SS to a base GT. Everyone would say that's not a fair comparison. They should of tested the 2.0 against the regular EB.:cheers:

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
I prefer to say Turbo Stang

or Turbo 4. "Ecoboost" sounds economical (weak/lame).

lalo0228

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 & Camaro 2016
I personally own a 2.0T Camaro and the power on that little engine is amazing, 13.2 quarter mile, intake downpipe and tune, also 305s in the rear lol

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I heard a Camaro with the 2.0 liter and exhaust yesterday and it sounded AWFUL! Worse than a Civic.
Kinda ironic you think that. :D I've only heard one 4 banger with a decent exhaust note and that was the old neon SRT-4s.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They compared the 2.0 to the EB PP Mustang. So all season tires against performance tires. So they made it even. No different is they compared a SS to a base GT. Everyone would say that's not a fair comparison. They should of tested the 2.0 against the regular EB.:cheers:
I can't remember them ever swapping tires on a Ford to improve it. Never happens.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't remember them ever swapping tires on a Ford to improve it. Never happens.
That's because they always used a PP Mustang in the shootouts. What I was saying is many who scream if they did a shootout with a base GT with the all season tires against the Camaro with high performance tires.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That's because they always used a PP Mustang in the shootouts.
You haven't shown a causal relationship there. And there have been Non PP Mustangs in comparisons.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You haven't shown a causal relationship there. And there have been Non PP Mustangs in comparisons.
Where has there been a comparison with a non PP Mustang? Could you imagine the up roar on this site if you saw a shootout between a base GT going up against a 1SS?
Sponsored