Sponsored

Sure wish I'd called in sick today...

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
This was from a guy on the 'book... poor guy :mad: :( :( :(
My buddy's black GT was in a hail storm last year in DC...he had about 80-90 dents.

They got every single one out and you couldn't even tell it ever happened. Take it to a good body shop and they will pull those right out.

OP
OP
FranzVonHoffer

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
My buddy's black GT was in a hail storm last year in DC...he had about 80-90 dents.

They got every single one out and you couldn't even tell it ever happened. Take it to a good body shop and they will pull those right out.
One of these, and a whole lot of patience.

Sponsored

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
beater

I finally bought another beater, after telling myself daily, "it's only a car, it can be fixed". Few days after buying my beater, everybody at work got hail damage, except me. I was at home sleeping, me and my beater, after working all night. Well, at least my beater didn't get damaged, not that you could tell, this west Texas sun has taken most of it's clear coat and paint off.

It's an 2004 Ford Taurus SE, with 78,000 miles, for $1500. Salvage title. It had a little damage to the rear, I fixed it with no cost. Brakes were wore, new pads, shoes, and drums for about $100, tires will go for about another year. Not sure why I'm so excited about this ugly thing. We need a Beater sub forum.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
Don't forget Mustangs use aluminum for the hood and trunk.
about this... i just had some dent repairs done to my 2015, and the tech who fixed it went over my car with a magnet as company procedure to make sure that the repair areas don't have bondo in it (he said even brand new cars have to be checked because of undeclared delivery damage/PDI).

the magnet didn't stick to the hood and front fenders, but it did stick to the trunk lid. i always thought the trunk was aluminum until that happened.

can someone confirm?

Last edited:

RipShift2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I thought the hood and fenders were aluminum.

Sponsored

venomsnake21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium with Track Package
The only hail damage I know of is when a girl has cellulite and is wearing short shorts lol

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Thats why I keep a decent car cover in my trunk at all times. It doesnt take much room and if something like this is coming through I go out and cover it.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
Thats why I keep a decent car cover in my trunk at all times. It doesnt take much room and if something like this is coming through I go out and cover it.
I park on a gravel pad at work, and we get some super windy days, that car cover mixed with sand and wind would make for a fair amount of damage to the paint. Plus, you'd still get hail damage, unless that cover is very padded, we get some big stuff at times.
Sponsored