buying used procharger kit help!

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Those injectors are going to be working very hard at 600whp. Might be good to step up now before you install to save you tune money down the road. Also, Lund won't tune it without a BAP (or so I've read).

And definitely get the NGK6510 plugs.
Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Plenty of people here running 700hp no bap. 52's are fine. PC wouldn't sell this kit if it weren't safe. Finding a tuner with that combo is your issue.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I would like to see the duty cycle at 700 hp with 52# inj and no bap????

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Performance Package
As others stated, NGK 6510 1 step colder spark plugs as basically a must do when installing a supercharger. You won't NEED a BAP, but our stock pumps max out at 600-650RWHP, so depending on your power you're gonna be pushing it. I just installed a stage 2 D1SC system and I knew a BAP was a must. With the injectors included with the kit, you might max out the injectors before the fuel pump but i'm not 100% sure on that. As you said, you can't get the procharger tune since you aren't the original owner. Contact Rob Shoemaker on Facebook. He is an extremely popular tuner in the S550 community especially for Prochargers. He tuned my car and i couldn't be happier. I won't post his pricing here, but I will say I saved a few hundred over going with Lund and his customer service/response rate is unmatched. We got my car tuned the day before Easter, and he even sent my final revision on Easter! Can't beat that. $3,800 is an insanely good deal for a stage 2 system depending on the condition/miles. Just make sure you get a new crank pulley bolt even if the seller provides his. These are a "1 time use" bolt and may back out on you which you don't want to happen.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
The 700 hp people are mostly Whipple owners running 72lb injectors. The OP's goal is said to be around 550 to 600 RWHP.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
bap is a good idea, brisk or ngk we do 28 to 30

we can set you up with a lund custom tune if your in need of a tune as well

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
with the 4.75 pulley that should be good for 10-11 psi? my 4.88 on a stage two hits 10psi if I really lean on it to 7,100 rpm

When I went to lund they would require a minimum of BAP and 52# injectors for my similar setup and a 4.88 pulley, for insurance purposes I imagine.

Keep in mind the gt500 ford injectors are shorter than the stock so you will need replacement rail spacers or injectors adapters to get proper length

I ended up going with [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] and he was been great with everything tune and build related. If you can get the diablo tuner from the seller to work with your car Matt is going to be much much cheaper than any other tuners out there.

I have NGK 6510 Plugs at .28 gap

Last edited:

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
ok so i found locally a used procharger kit.

it includes Procharger Supercharger P-1SC-1 Stage II Complete Kit

includes stage 2 intercooler
includes #52 injectors
includes 8 rib
4.75 pulley
(does not come with spark plugs)

what plugs do you think I need?
also my goal is to just be around 550-600 whp. do you think i will achieve that with whats included. (i don't want to much power)
only mods i have on my car is corsa extreme cat back.
Also would be interested in getting a lund 93 tune. do you think I'm fine with those injectors (don't want to spend more money than i have too to achieve the power goals of 550-600whp.

any tips or suggestions or anything is appreciated thanks!
yes can you get a hold of the orginal diablo tuner that came with it? if not i sell a package deal that is way cheaper then 800 lol. im in your area too :)

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
with the 4.75 pulley that should be good for 10-11 psi? my 4.88 on a stage two hits 10psi if I really lean on it to 7,100 rpm
I have the 4.88 pulley on mine.

I'm seeing 13 PSI in 3rd gear on the street by 7400 RPM.

I'm seeing 10.5 PSI in 5th gear on the dyno by 7400 RPM.

But altitude and other things can play into that.

OP
OP

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I just want enough power to just run the 52 injectors and no bap with no issues not looking for too much power. I will be on stock oil pump gears and stock everything else only performance pack gt. I don't want to raise the limited don't want problems

Sponsored

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
People get hung up on the pulley size and boost levels. There are more factors to just the pulley size. Someone with a 4.75 pulley at sea level is going to have a different boost level than someone at 5500 feet above sea level. Also fuel, tune, etc. Some people are at [MENTION=17112]10[/MENTION] with a 4.75 while I am at @14 with a 4.75.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just want enough power to just run the 52 injectors and no bap with no issues not looking for too much power. I will be on stock oil pump gears and stock everything else only performance pack gt. I don't want to raise the limited don't want problems

you will be fine then especially with the stock or slightly above stock rev limiters. don't forget that cam timing effects boost too. i can raise or lower the boost 2-3 psi with just cam timing. 52's and no bap is good for 580-600 at sea level. so dont worry :) you can always change the pulley as a last ditch effort if you need to. i have like 25 pulleys here so if you end up needing one just say so :)

and yes PLEASE use a colder plug. ngk 6510. gapped at 28-30.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I don't know why every one is say the plugs are an absolute must to obtain the 550 to 600 hp goal. You can do it with the stock plugs just fine. Set their gap and thats all you need. The only thing a colder plug does for you is let it remove heat quicker when you are making more heat from high cylinder pressures. So unless you are planning on using the car for autocross events or any other activity that requires your engine to produce the extra HP the procharger system will add for an extended period of time they are not absolutely necessary to achieve the number on a dyno, Blast down a 1/4 mile, or the occasional highway pull. Daily driving the stock plugs you wont even notice a difference. I would check them periodically and replace them with colder ones when needed, unless you are planning on extended periods of producing high HP.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know why every one is say the plugs are an absolute must to obtain the 550 to 600 hp goal. You can do it with the stock plugs just fine. Set their gap and thats all you need. The only thing a colder plug does for you is let it remove heat quicker when you are making more heat from high cylinder pressures. So unless you are planning on using the car for autocross events or any other activity that requires your engine to produce the extra HP the procharger system will add for an extended period of time they are not absolutely necessary to achieve the number on a dyno, Blast down a 1/4 mile, or the occasional highway pull. Daily driving the stock plugs you wont even notice a difference. I would check them periodically and replace them with colder ones when needed, unless you are planning on extended periods of producing high HP.

they are like $50 why would you even chance this? doesnt make sense. thats like saying you can tune the boosted car on 87. sure it could be done by why take the chance. its cheap insurance. and easy as hell to change.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Seems a little counter productive to pull the stock plugs and gap them when you can gap the proper plugs and install them in the same time.

Its a little like giving your car an oil change, but filtering the old oil and putting it back in
Sponsored