Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I'm getting ready to throw my Roush Side Scoops on. I don't think the car had any sealant/wax put on before I bought it, but to be safe, is there something I can do to completely strip the surface?

And is there a recommendation for surface prep for the 3m tape? I was going to claybar the area and wipe it down really well with 70% Iso alcohol.

Gotta be thorough this time around since I've NEVER had luck with 3M tape in the past. My last two mustangs have lost parts thanks to crappy tape :\
Sponsored

Mixedup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm getting ready to throw my Roush Side Scoops on. I don't think the car had any sealant/wax put on before I bought it, but to be safe, is there something I can do to completely strip the surface?

And is there a recommendation for surface prep for the 3m tape? I was going to claybar the area and wipe it down really well with 70% Iso alcohol.

Gotta be thorough this time around since I've NEVER had luck with 3M tape in the past. My last two mustangs have lost parts thanks to crappy tape :\
I used iso alcohol and the 3m tape adhesion accelerator then stuck them in place - waited a day to drive again and they have been on for over 4K mile and seen triple digit speeds ... good luck and enjoy the new look

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT

Just one more reason to not like scoops that are taped on. Everyone likes different things and that's great so all of our cars don't look the same. That being said when I see all these scoops stuck on cars, I just think they look tacked on and out of place.

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium

Dawn dishwashing liquid will completely strip any wax off of your vehicle.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Did this last week, but only just now had the time to post about it:

Swapped my 350R wheel for a Carbon/Leather Wheel. Love it, this thing is awesome. The only thing I worry now, is that this wheel may have just sparked a carbon fiber addiction.

34243986556_91000e22f2_b.jpg

34127249752_decb50a7be_b.jpg

34243984506_c39a2bdd48_b.jpg

33900679910_55bdcbd14b_b.jpg

[MENTION=25687]Beith Performance Parts[/MENTION]

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
New wheel looks great. Can I ask where you got the carbon fiber button covers for the 350R wheel or if you are interested in selling the ones you have?

Swapped my 350R wheel for a Carbon/Leather Wheel. Love it, this thing is awesome. The only thing I worry now, is that this wheel may have just sparked a carbon fiber addiction.

34243986556_91000e22f2_b.jpg

34127249752_decb50a7be_b.jpg

34243984506_c39a2bdd48_b.jpg

33900679910_55bdcbd14b_b.jpg

[MENTION=25687]Beith Performance Parts[/MENTION]

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Right there with you. At least the CF anonymous meetings will be cool...:cool:

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
New wheel looks great. Can I ask where you got the carbon fiber button covers for the 350R wheel or if you are interested in selling the ones you have?
They were wrapped by a forum member here. I forget who did them though.

I'm selling the complete wheel (with electronics, bezels, and paddles) on the buy/sell portion of the forum. I don't plan on taking the wheel apart for the bezels.

Any decent wrap shop in your area should be able to do it cheaply.

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Opinions are like you know what, everyone has one. The grille on AM looks like thin flimsy sheet metal and it's just an overlay that goes over the original grille. You get what you pay for.
I think some of the stick ons look decent, but overall I'm not a fan either. I wish it was possible to replace the rear quarter panel with one that has scoops integrated. On the fastback these panels are very difficult to replace because they consist of more than just the panel. I think they are integrated with the door surrounds. The convertible is considerably easier but nobody makes them.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Just one more reason to not like scoops that are taped on. Everyone likes different things and that's great so all of our cars don't look the same. That being said when I see all these scoops stuck on cars, I just think they look tacked on and out of place.
Normally I would agree, I don't like to go overboard, and I've never had side scoops on my previous cars because they looked tacky, but I really like the ones for the 15+ models. They flow well with the body lines IMO.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
The scoops I have seen in person have looked really good. I am going to give it a shot myself when I decide which to go with. The average person would have no idea that they were just taped on. You would be surprised at home many people are totally clueless about cars and how they are built. I am so glad I dont live in a bubble like that.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
when i got my WRX a while back, i remember how big of a deal the hood scoop was because it actually had a function, unlike on other cars.

meanwhile us mustang owners just wanna put on tacky stick-on scoops
Sponsored