Sponsored

Driver Seatback Lever on Back Not Working!

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I think I found a defect from the factory. The center seatback lever on the back of the seat that allows passengers to exit will not work. I am afraid if I pull any harder, the flimsy plastic lever will strip.

Now...I am forced to use the lever at the bottom of the seat on the driver's left side.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did you fix it yourself or have the dealer fix it? Was it a big job (required a new seat, etc.)?

I would like to know as my warranty runs out later this year.

Thanks

CVCashmere
Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Give this a try. Push back on the seat while pulling up on the lever. It may release a little pressure on the latching mechanism.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
That worked for me. Thanks for the info. Always worried mine might be defective

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I thought it didn't work at first too.. it does work, you just have to pull it hard enough to the point which like you said, feels almost like it's going to break.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Maybe Ford made it really firm to thwart back seat pranksters from causing an accident?

Sponsored

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
I noticed that sometimes the lever on the side of the seat bottom used to adjust the seat back doesn't go back into the correct position. If it is not all the way down, the seat back lever won't work. As was said, release the tension on the lower lever so that it will align correctly then the seat back lever will work. Hope that makes sense.

trbstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
87 5.0 LX, 16 PP GT Premium
I noticed that sometimes the lever on the side of the seat bottom used to adjust the seat back doesn't go back into the correct position. If it is not all the way down, the seat back lever won't work. As was said, release the tension on the lower lever so that it will align correctly then the seat back lever will work. Hope that makes sense.
Mine does the same thing so I have to re-position it. Bad thing is most of the time when I move the seat back to the normal position, the side lever does not seat down fully. Dealer wants to keep it for 2-3 days to diagnosis the problem, so it will be a while before I leave it, or find another dealer!

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Had my drivers seat fixed for that. Dealer had the whole seat apart and put in a new lever. The passenger seat now needs to be fixed.
Sponsored