Sponsored

FRP brake kits and read Differential cooling kit

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
My good friend Mike from Buyfordracing has been keeping me abreast of some upcoming offerings that I'd like to share. First, a soon to be released cooling kit for the rear differential.

This is what will be in the diff cooler kit

Vent
Silicone
Retaining clips
Harness
Nut rr hub
cooler pumps
Diff cooler
2-3 line assy
misc hardware
brace
switch panel

Switch panel means it isn't necessarily integrated with the factory control modules. Looking forward to what they came up with in terms of wiring.

He also wrote "ETA 2-3 days Ford Performance clock" and I think he's trying to say that it should be available shortly but is well aware of lagging dates as of late.

Regarding brakes, I asked him to order me one of the M-2300-Y kits a while back.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-2300-Y

Looks like it won't ship until mid August. My plan was to sell the calipers (Firestarter has asked for them) and I plan on using the remainder for some development work. Today Mike sent me an email about another brake kit FRP is releasing, M-2300-AA.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-2300-AA

Not sure how well the AA kit will sell given that you can pick up factory R calipers from Ford Parts for under 1K and most don't need new rotors. Regardless, it looks as though FRP has taken note of the R caliper sales through the service network and wants a piece of the pie.

And remember, nobody pays the retail prices shown by FRP. Warehouse distributor pricing is quite a bit less than that. Mike is usually the first to get any of this stuff as his warehouse is very close to FRP. If you have any questions about the differential cooling kit he is definitely the one to talk to.
Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Thanks for sharing! Is this an 'upgrade' for the stock GT350 rear diff cooler or around the same cooling capabilities ?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe this kit is for '15/'16 Tech Pack/Base owners for the most part.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True!

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thanks for sharing! Is this an 'upgrade' for the stock GT350 rear diff cooler or around the same cooling capabilities ?
Damn better not be :lol:

[MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION], thanks for the updates. It'll be interesting to see exactly what's included- hopefully not full of useless parts as with the xmsn cooler only kit..you know, the one where we have to supply the pump...

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Definitely a buyer for the rear diff cooler. Thanks for the info!

Hey techies what about a group buy. Epiphany do you think they'll entertain that idea?

earlSpilner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base (arriving Dec 2015)
Besides the colour I didn't think there was any difference between the GT350R and GT350 brakes? Am I wrong on that point?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey techies what about a group buy. Epiphany do you think they'll entertain that idea?
I have this suspicion that FRP is going to try to gauge demand by trickling out the first run. All I know is that if I thought I wanted the kit I'd be on the phone now to get a spot in line.

Besides the colour I didn't think there was any difference between the GT350R and GT350 brakes? Am I wrong on that point?
No, you have it right. The color/finish is all that is different between the R and non-R GT350's.

Reactions: TDC

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I'd be in
+1:thumbsup:

I have this suspicion that FRP is going to try to gauge demand by trickling out the first run. All I know is that if I thought I wanted the kit I'd be on the phone now to get a spot in line.
I'm calling tomorrow,,,if I get info above what 'Epiph posted above, I'll post it here. :cheers:

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
+1:thumbsup:

I'm calling tomorrow,,,if I get info above what 'Epiph posted above, I'll post it here. :cheers:

[MENTION=21788]Tank[/MENTION], Let me know, I will call Monday if need be. I don't want to miss out on the diff kit. I will be piecing together the trans cooler kit over the next few months.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I received this from FP. A bit confusing as it also includes the R transmission info...

Information we will need if you will be purchasing the GT350 Track Pack / GT350 R transmission:

VIN :

Name:

Phone Number :

Shipping address :

Liftgate Fee: (If forklift not available)

Parts requested:

Preferred dealer:

Dealer Phone :

Dealer PO:

The rear differential cooler is M-4000-M8S, MSRP $2,395 (USD)

The part number for the cooler kit itself is M-7095-M8S MSRP $695 (USD)
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-7095-M8S (Available today for order at any Ford Dealer, or Ford Performance Parts distributor)

The part number for the transmission is M-7000-M8S MSRP $4,800 (USD)

If you are only purchasing the M-7095-M8S, you will need a 12V external pump and 6 AN lines. A pump similar to a Weldon 9200 would be ideal, with wide thermal operation capability, and a similar flow rate.

Although, local race-prep shops may have experience and suggest other pumps, and fitment capability if your Ford dealer isn't interested in installing the pump in your GT350.

For a list of all of our Ford Performance Parts distributors, see the link below, or click the "Where to Buy" link for a directory
https://performanceparts.ford.com/wheretobuy/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind, we have not actually fitted a pump to a GT350, and recommend using an experienced installer if possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have not fitted these components. This is a suggested list of components given my experience building racecars. I do not have any pictures or any instructions. I recommend a race shop or a mechanic with experience making/installing AN lines. The factory lines have to be cut and transitioned to the AN lines.

For 6AN lines.
Fittings at trans:
(2) 6AN x 1/2" NPT straight adaptors [Earl's 981668]
(2) 6AN x 90 degree hose ends swivel type [Aeroquip FCM4032]

Fittings at pump:
(2) 6AN ORB (O-ring boss) x 6AN [Russell 670840]
(2) 6AN x 90 degree hose end swivel type [Aeroquip FCM4032]

SS hose/hardline transition:
(2) 6AN x 1/2" tube braze fitting [Aeroquip FCM2873]
(2) 6AN straight hose ends [Aeroquip FCM1012]

Hose:
10' to 15' of 6AN stainless braided hose [Aeroquip FCA0615 for 15' length]

Pump:
(1) Weldon 9200A pump + wiring, switch, connectors.
(1) mounting bracket to be fabricated by installer

For 8AN lines.
Fittings at trans:
(2) 8AN x 1/2" NPT straight adaptors [Earl's 981688]
(2) 8AN x 90 degree hose end swivel type [Aeroquip FCM4433]

Fittings at pump:
(2) 6AN ORB x 8AN [Russell 670930]
(2) 8AN x 90 degree hose end swivel type [Aeroquip FCM4433]

SS hose/hardline transition:
(2) 8AN x 1/2" tube braze fitting [Aeroquip FCM2874] -OR- (2) 8AN x 1/2" tube adaptor [Earl's 165008] -OR- (2) 8AN flareless tube nut [Aeroquip FCM 2498] + (2) tube ferrule [Aeroquip DCM2493]
(2) 8AN straight hose ends [Aeroquip FCM1013]

Hose:
10' to 15' of 8AN stainless braided hose [Aeroquip FCA0815 for 15' length]

Pump:
(1) Weldon 9200A pump + wiring, switch, connectors
(1) bracket to be fabricated by installer.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
wow Rear diff cooler is MSRP $2,395, might as well just use a heavier diff oil.
I will be putting in amsoil 75-140. the stock diff oil on gt350 is 85.
Sponsored