Sponsored

full tilt boogie racing shifter bracket

Hoblick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
stumbled upon this company the other day, and decided to order up their shifter bracket and give it a try. Its a cheaper alternative to the blowfish bracket, which i think will give an identical outcome.

here is the website for anyone else who might be interested. they have some really nice products on their for the IRS as well.

http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/2015_S550_Suspension_Parts_and_Tools.htm

once i get it installed, ill report back with my review on it
Sponsored

Jforand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue Premium w/PP
I just put the blowfish bracket on my 16'. I can tell you the thing is seriously beefy. All in all I think I like it better, but it did not solve all I was looking for, specifically the noise in 1st and 2nd. In digging in a little I think the problem is in the plastic stop/reverse lockout and the aluminum stop fence. I find that if I apply pressure to the shifter toward the driver side while in gear the 'marble' noise goes up. I believe that the plastic is moving/flexing allowing the shifter to move past the optimum position. This issue is almost exacerbated with the rigid blowfish. Before, I was using the plastic to push into the soft rubber retainer. Now I'm using that same plastic to push against the blowfish and the plastic loses.

Interested in your thoughts. I was thinking I might want to go the MGW shifter route in which case there might be a blowfish bracket up for grabs.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I also ordered one of these for the price of it I will be more than happy I think with the product. I will be putting a clutch in my car at the same time so I will let everyone know about installation and function

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It's not designed to solve thuds or noises, its designed to solve gear lockouts at high RPM.

Sponsored

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Does anyone know how long this sale is going to last? That is cheap if it does what the bf bracket does. Please reviews with pics guys!!!

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
The bracket looks beefy. Looks like the driveshaft will definitely need to be removed to bolt this thing in.

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
No, driveshaft or exhaust removal for the bracket isn't necessary.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The bracket looks beefy. Looks like the driveshaft will definitely need to be removed to bolt this thing in.
nope, even a full blown shifter upgrade doesnt need a DS removal, only unbolting the mount to let the transmission sag a little to get this annoying long bolt. But something like this should just go straight in. This mod looks like a sub 30 minute mod.

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Well received my bracket last night and installed it this morning. Works great!!!! For the money a very nice upgrade can't be beat. Installation is very smooth takes a little time with a lift or jack stands that can raise the vehicle high prolly not more than 30mins. Def recommend this to anyone very fast shipping, also this only works for GT models

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Well received my bracket last night and installed it this morning. Works great!!!! For the money a very nice upgrade can't be beat. Installation is very smooth takes a little time with a lift or jack stands that can raise the vehicle high prolly not more than 30mins. Def recommend this to anyone very fast shipping, also this only works for GT models

No, what about us ecoboost ppl

OP
OP

Hoblick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Got mine today too, just haven't had time to install

Ruststang94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race car
Hey guys, This is my first time here in the M6G forum. Had a link of this thread sent to us and had to join. Glad to hear your happy with our product Iceman. We are currently working on a bracket for the Ecoboost guys. :)
Sponsored