Sponsored

SCT Knock PID

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
So I've been monitoring my EB since the day I pulled it off the lot with my SCT x4. The general PID's. The one that interests me though is the knock sensor.

Does this PID not work for us? I see absolute zero and have since the day I bought it brand new. No advance or retard. I drive quite hard on her, and haven't seen a single event. I find this hard to believe. Is there another PID it's being monitored under?
Sponsored

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I watch mine, but I get the exact opposite of you, too much knock at low throttle input. WOT seems to be correct though. :shrug:

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I watch mine, but I get the exact opposite of you, too much knock at low throttle input. WOT seems to be correct though. :shrug:
So your sensor does pick up? I just find it super hard to believe I pick up absolutely 0 for months now. No negative knock for timing addition as the V6 has? No positive because it's had not a single knock event? Seems fishy to me.

Sponsored

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Yep, hard to believe for sure. Yes my sensor picks up knock, too much i believe. Low throttle input at around 1 psi and I watch it count all the way to 8 as I slowly press the pedal further to get 5 or so psi. But past that, no knock really. Weird to me. I could be off on my estimated psi though.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, hard to believe for sure. Yes my sensor picks up knock, too much i believe. Low throttle input at around 1 psi and I watch it count all the way to 8 as I slowly press the pedal further to get 5 or so psi. But past that, no knock really. Weird to me. I could be off on my estimated psi though.
Wait an 8 on your Knock sensor?!?

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn. That's crazy. My V6 used to register 6, and eventually it gave way. with zero audible knock. I guess one saving grace is that it's not knocking that hard under full boost. That would be catastrophic at 20 psi if it was real.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I know. Scared me at first, then I just said fuck it. Has to be some other explanation for it. Stock tune.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I think we should be sure weare talking about the same parameter. Both using SCT X4? If so, which parameter under what category exactly. The one that I found that looked like the best thing to monitor for knock, I got the same thing as you [MENTION=26348]Spykexx[/MENTION], all 0 so i stopped monitoring it.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we should be sure weare talking about the same parameter. Both using SCT X4? If so, which parameter under what category exactly. The one that I found that looked like the best thing to monitor for knock, I got the same thing as you [MENTION=26348]Spykexx[/MENTION], all 0 so i stopped monitoring it.
Well he stated he got the parameters from Torrie. Which is SCT. He was my tuner for my V6, and this is my SCT from my V6.

And it's quite simply "Knock Sensor" under engine I believe or throttle. Exact same parameter from my V6 and I don't see another, where the AP has corrections per cylinder (SCT get on the ball. Implement this shit)

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember I chose cylinder 1 and 3. That's all I remember lol
Hmmm well I checked torrie's site and he still uses SCT. If you are doing it by cylinder, the only ones I come up with are generic ODB ones. Not the PID from Ford. Hmmmm

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I really think it's 2 different things we're looking at. I think you're right though Spykexx, there should be some level of knock. My understanding is its similar to fuel, it will use the value in the table but then has an adjustment range. It can advance the timing as long as it isn't seeing too much knock. I forget the term but it has to do with the knock intensity.

The dumb thing is, if you don't know what it is you're looking at or what to expect and what's ok, then it doesn't help much to monitor it. With the AP and Tune+, at least Adam gives some guidance on what you should look for and what is not good. With the SCT X4, I don't know exactly what I'm looking at.
Sponsored