Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I agree it is in the launch and also shift early with the stock tune. Power brake up to about 2000 for a split second, off with brake and go full throttle and shift at 5500.
Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Video or it didn't happen...lol
well clearly the ECU recorded it, so it did happen. :D Fortunately for all the rest of us, nobody has found a way to trick the IPC into recording a faster time, otherwise i'd be posting 1.2 second 0-60's ;)

I'll try to get a vid at some point of how I launched the car to achieve those times.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I got 5.6 in a heavy vert, not trying very hard (couple of runs). I have a stock IC. If you have an auto/coupe, I find it hard to imagine you can't get lower than 5.6.

It is the launch... that kills these cars.... auto anyway. Having to shift sounds like an issue for manuals.
I tell you what, for some it's a struggle. It took FOREVER to find out where that good launch is at. No shame, I bet i went through a good 10-20 runs in the mid to high 6's before I finally got it down pat. Shifting too high got me as well. My best so far is still 5.7 but it heat soaks so damn bad...I just posted a log, and with my IC starting at 88 degrees, by the time I hit 45 in my pull I was already over 100* and the pull ended at 130 degrees. Bye-bye timing lol.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
LOL I had a 5.7 bone stock (actually think I got a 5.6 once, but forgot to save it). Your car auto or manual?

I have an auto. I cant seem to get better than a 5.6-5.7 with just the tune. I am brake boosting at ~1800 rpm. Not sure how to get a better time.

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Regarding the ford tune, My buddy who has a focus st with an intake and I did some pulls and the results were very shocking. Keep in mind I do have a PP auto. Any dig or roll face from 0-40 and my car would pull. But a roll race starting at 40-50 and the cars were even, no one was pulling. I would only pull after 70-75. Sort of disappointing considering I am tuned with a tune that allegedly fixes the upper range and he has an intake only. What are everyone's thoughts?

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an auto. I cant seem to get better than a 5.6-5.7 with just the tune. I am brake boosting at ~1800 rpm. Not sure how to get a better time.
Well you are at a power disadvantage since .ca doesn't have 93. Many other variables come into play as well; temps, air density etc.

But 5.7 does seem high for the tune. I'm stock and I run 5.7 with a manual.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding the ford tune, My buddy who has a focus st with an intake and I did some pulls and the results were very shocking. Keep in mind I do have a PP auto. Any dig or roll face from 0-40 and my car would pull. But a roll race starting at 40-50 and the cars were even, no one was pulling. I would only pull after 70-75. Sort of disappointing considering I am tuned with a tune that allegedly fixes the upper range and he has an intake only. What are everyone's thoughts?
That seems off. You should have no issue pulling on him stock let alone tuned.

Yellowboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang ecoboost
Well you are at a power disadvantage since .ca doesn't have 93. Many other variables come into play as well; temps, air density etc.

But 5.7 does seem high for the tune. I'm stock and I run 5.7 with a manual.
He said focus st, not focus rs, I believe the st has 250hp. So he's not at a power disadvantage although probably weight disadvantage for sure.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He said focus st, not focus rs, I believe the st has 250hp. So he's not at a power disadvantage although probably weight disadvantage for sure.
You mistook which one I referred to. I was saying he's at a power disadvantage from solodog whom is probably running 93 to get his time. 93 vs 91

He should have no issue pulling on a stock st. They run considerably slower than the eb even stock

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Bullshiet. Just go downhill. Instant trick fuckery
Florida...need I say more? :lol:

You mistook which one I referred to. I was saying he's at a power disadvantage from solodog whom is probably running 93 to get his time. 93 vs 91
Yes, Shell 93 currently in the car, but I can't imagine that makes much of a difference vs 91 on the FP tune.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Florida...need I say more? :lol:

Yes, Shell 93 currently in the car, but I can't imagine that makes much of a difference vs 91 on the FP tune.
Not extensively. But every bit counts. :cheers: just one many variables that could have been out of favor for him. Fuel, heat soak etc.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Not extensively. But every bit counts. :cheers: just one many variables that could have been out of favor for him. Fuel, heat soak etc.
Focus ST has ~600lb weight advantage. That is pretty significant, plus at a roll you don't have to worry about garbage fwd launches. Shorter gears as well. Its not that surprising, look at the EB vs 5.0 races.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST has ~600lb weight advantage. That is pretty significant, plus at a roll you don't have to worry about garbage fwd launches. Shorter gears as well. Its not that surprising, look at the EB vs 5.0 races.
Look at the st times. They are far worse than stock eb times. He was tuned. A 14.7 stock st should not hold a candle to a tuned eb. And again. I was talking about vs solodogs eb time and being at a disadvantage. Not the st. Lol.

Rcmchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 16 PP
Ive never gotten below 6 on my auto perf pack with the tune on 91, but im also not doing any kind of launch with the brake. Its my daily so dont want to screw anything up, im also around 6k ft up, but heard turbos arent as impacted
Sponsored