Sponsored

More crap in the road

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I've run around two ladders and a couch since I've owned this car but got hit by road debris today.

Got nailed by what appeared to be the lid of an igloo ice chest that flew out of the bed off a pickup truck.

Think I can wet sand this out? The headlight has a crack so I'm considering just swapping it out? My GF said to leave it alone because she thinks it gives the car character like a battle scar... but she's Japanese so wtf does she know. :rant:

37387180665_35a6b44311_b.jpg
IMG_9221 by Erick, on Flickr
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I've run around two ladders and a couch since I've owned this car but got hit by road debris today.

Got nailed by what appeared to be the lid of an igloo ice chest that flew out of the bed off a pickup truck.

Think I can wet sand this out? The headlight has a crack so I'm considering just swapping it out? My GF said to leave it alone because she thinks it gives the car character like a battle scar... but she's Japanese so wtf does she know. :rant:

37387180665_35a6b44311_b.jpg
IMG_9221 by Erick, on Flickr
Pick up a 3M headlight renewal kit. If that mark is into the headlight plastic start from step one.

If the mark is just transfer on top of the light use the last 2 steps. First the P3000 trizact 3000 grit pad, followed by the foam pad with the rubbing compound.

If that doesn't remove it back up one step and use the 800 grit disk again followed by the P3000 disc then foam pad with compound.

All you need is a regular 1000-1500 rpm hand drill. The kit contains the rest.