Stock Stall with Turbo?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Does anyone know what kind of 60ft can be obtained with a turbo and a stock stall? I currently have a Paxton and a 3C and the don't really like the way the acts down low. It feels like the car slips bad till converter locks up even at low throttle. my car leaves like a bat out of hell under full throttle but i drive it on the street alot and would like better part throttle response. I have been thinking of selling Paxton and going with twin turbo and stock stall or at least a tighter stall.
Sponsored

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
Just get a update from Lund to lock the converter in 2nd gear under light throttle.

As for spoolin turbos with stock converter. I think your dreaming. It will never 60'. Maybe with some little tiny 55"s. But you will regret the little turbos later.

When does the converter lock up now? what gear under light throttle?

Last edited:

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Everyone I spoke to said it's way better to get an aftermarket converter than to run the stock one with twins.

My car is 100% a street car so I wanted a tight converter that wouldn't negatively impact daily driving. Circle D recommended the 2B which is a 3200-3400 stall. Seems great for the 6062 turbos.

I wish I had some experience with it but the parts will be on by mid October. I'll report back!

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Just get a update from Lund to lock the converter in 2nd gear under light throttle.

As for spoolin turbos with stock converter. I think your dreaming. It will never 60'. Maybe with some little tiny 55"s. But you will regret the little turbos later.

It seems to lock up in 4th now but I haven't really requested any changes to part throttle. I will have him love it in second and see if it helps.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt

Agreed, Lund is almost done with the tune and it feels spectacular compared to my last tune. I've had stock, Ford performance, and PC tune, Lund is leaps and bounds above the cut

Sponsored

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
It seems to lock up in 4th now but I haven't really requested any changes to part throttle. I will have him love it in second and see if it helps.
It's a night and day difference. You will have the instant launch feeling in first. Then shifts to second then locks and now it drives like a manual. Win! Win!

Closed throttle lock is good too! So that everytime you let off it doesn't unlock and then lock again. It only unlocks in first or when you come to a stop.

Between these two things it makes a converter hardly noticeable. Except in first when it puts a smile on your face.

LMK what happens.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I will tell him to do that. i think the unlock when I let off the gas might be one of the things annoying me.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Im surprised
these TT kits dont offer a converter automatically
as part of the package... cant build boost w stock units

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
another option you could look into the FTI converters. thats all i use as well as [MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION]. they maintain a almost stock like part throttle feel to them but still stall to there speed at WOT. thats part of why i went with them. i will never go back i can say that much.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I have to 2nd DiabloMatt, I put an FTI Billet Converter in mine and could not be happier. The car feels great at all times. You don't get that typical stalled car feeling when you are street driving.

PM me you combo and I will come up with something for you.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Everyone I spoke to said it's way better to get an aftermarket converter than to run the stock one with twins.

My car is 100% a street car so I wanted a tight converter that wouldn't negatively impact daily driving. Circle D recommended the 2B which is a 3200-3400 stall. Seems great for the 6062 turbos.

I wish I had some experience with it but the parts will be on by mid October. I'll report back!
Hi. Just wondering. How do you like the Circle D 3200-3400 stall converter for your street use? How is it for daily street driving stop and go traffic? Thank you

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
6 year old thread.