Bad Experiences With New 2016 Saleen Yellow Label

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Here is the balance of the truck marketing e-mail.......never seen a CYA statement like this before:

Safe Harbor Statement
This release contains “forward-looking statements” that include information relating to future events and future financial and operating performance. The words “may,” “would,” “will,” “expect,” “estimate,” “can,” “believe,” “potential” and similar expressions and variations thereof are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements should not be read as a guarantee of future performance or results, and will not necessarily be accurate indications of the times at, or by, which that performance or those results will be achieved. Forward-looking statements are based on information available at the time they are made and/or management’s good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events, and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual performance or results to differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause these differences include, but are not limited to: fluctuations in demand for Saleen®Automotive’s products, the introduction of new products, the Company’s ability to maintain customer and strategic business relationships, the impact of competitive products and pricing, growth in targeted markets, the adequacy of the Company’s liquidity and financial strength to support its growth, and other information that may be detailed from time-to-time in Saleen Automotive’s filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Examples of such forward-looking statements in this release include statements regarding product offerings and marketing. For a more detailed description of the risk factors and uncertainties affecting Saleen® Automotive, please refer to the Company’s recent Securities and Exchange Commission filings, which are available at www.sec.gov. Saleen® Automotive undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Actually...that is pretty standard for prospective financial statements. In short all this is saying is that actual results may vary. Why Saleen has not included a "substantial doubt about continuing as a going concern" in its financial statments is beyond me. At this point I say let them rot.
Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Actually...that is pretty standard for prospective financial statements. In short all this is saying is that actual results may vary. Why Saleen has not included a "substantial doubt about continuing as a going concern" in its financial statments is beyond me. At this point I say let them rot.
Except that it came from the same marketing e-mail about upcoming, Saleen modified, pickup trucks being offered.....not from a financial statement.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Except that it came from the same marketing e-mail about upcoming, Saleen modified, pickup trucks being offered.....not from a financial statement.
Well..then since this was in their marketing campaign, call this release their "hail mary"...they are hoping to receive enough orders to pull them out of the red and put them back into black...mostly won't happen and after reading this thread, they don't deserve to go back into the black.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Well..then since this was in their marketing campaign, call this release their "hail mary"...they are hoping to receive enough orders to pull them out of the red and put them back into black...mostly won't happen and after reading this thread, they don't deserve to go back into the black.
Truth!

Sponsored

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label Mustang
Update......

Spoke with my lawyer today.....and man is the law a convoluted thing. Just because you are right doesn’t mean much lol.

Summary of the conversation. I can go after Saleen, could cost up to $20k and take about a year. I could get reimbursed for my attorney fees and would most likely seek the approximate $25k Saleen charged for their add on’s and keep the car.

But I would need to do all this in a California court. If I did all this in Iowa Saleen could attempt to dispute it. A decent lawyer would cost about $10k just for a retainer.

Also with this process taking up to a year and Saleen already showing signs of financial issues. They could go bankrupt and I could be out all my attorney fees and have a defective car.

Right now I’m honestly just going to leave the bad painted parts as is. Put the car online for sale and try to get a decent price out of it.

Absolutely crazy, I can’t believe companies can do this. All the guys out there saying sue them it will be easy, haha good luck. A shady company like this can screw you over and unless you want to take a large financial gamble there is nothing you can do. Saleen has single handily ruined tuner car companies. Never again can’t even express my disappointment in this situation.

Well, checking my lawyer now on if it is ok to share my entire Facebook conversation with the president of Saleen all her threats and denial of logic. Hopefully some of the shareholders will see what they have put in charge of their company. Usually the higher you get in a company the more professional it gets, 100% the opposite here, the way receptionist was great but exponentially downhill from there.

Well if I don’t completely loose my ass on this turd, maybe a twin turbo gt350? Honestly leaning towards not owning a mustang again though, had one since I was 16, man has Saleen ruined it this...

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Your convo with your lawyer is about what I'd of expected. Its a shxtty deal for you for sure. I know your beyond frustrated at this point, but if are going to sell the car it's in your best interest as far as price goes to fix the minor cosmetic issues your dealing with. Didnt your dealer offer at one point? I wouldn't let those axxhats at saleen turn you off from a great car though. Your communication with saleens president has no protection attached to it. Its not like a secret video situation where in alot of states someone is protected. Best of luck.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly would sell it and get a Roush or even just a stock 18 and do whatever you want to it. But that is just me. It is really up to you. Or if you wanted a different maker car you could try the ZL1 I was going to look into those before I purchased my '18 Mustang.

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
Update......

Spoke with my lawyer today.....and man is the law a convoluted thing. Just because you are right doesn’t mean much lol.

Summary of the conversation. I can go after Saleen, could cost up to $20k and take about a year. I could get reimbursed for my attorney fees and would most likely seek the approximate $25k Saleen charged for their add on’s and keep the car.

But I would need to do all this in a California court. If I did all this in Iowa Saleen could attempt to dispute it. A decent lawyer would cost about $10k just for a retainer.

Also with this process taking up to a year and Saleen already showing signs of financial issues. They could go bankrupt and I could be out all my attorney fees and have a defective car.

Right now I’m honestly just going to leave the bad painted parts as is. Put the car online for sale and try to get a decent price out of it.

Absolutely crazy, I can’t believe companies can do this. All the guys out there saying sue them it will be easy, haha good luck. A shady company like this can screw you over and unless you want to take a large financial gamble there is nothing you can do. Saleen has single handily ruined tuner car companies. Never again can’t even express my disappointment in this situation.

Well, checking my lawyer now on if it is ok to share my entire Facebook conversation with the president of Saleen all her threats and denial of logic. Hopefully some of the shareholders will see what they have put in charge of their company. Usually the higher you get in a company the more professional it gets, 100% the opposite here, the way receptionist was great but exponentially downhill from there.

Well if I don’t completely loose my ass on this turd, maybe a twin turbo gt350? Honestly leaning towards not owning a mustang again though, had one since I was 16, man has Saleen ruined it this...
I went through an ordeal with Saleen back in 2010 over faulty calipers that they approved for replacement, but never paid the dealer for. I talked to a lawyer and got the same answer you just got. Fight it in a Cali court and it will take a long time. I paid ($4k) out of pocket for them and never looked back. Wouldn't own a Saleen if it was free. Sorry for your ordeal but hopefully it will keep others on here from falling into the Saleen trap.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Man sorry to hear that, as my dad says...”ya cant get blood out of a turnip”.

Been through this with someone who f’d my floors up badly...knew i wouldn’t get shit, but sued anyway because it cost a few hundred to have a judgment against them and get their names in the paper...i wouldn’t touch it at your cost level. I’d ask about facebook and my life mission would be that everyone knows to not trust them like you did.

Would’ve never imagined this from Saleen, good luck attempting to get into another ride brother:cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I honestly would sell it and get a Roush or even just a stock 18 and do whatever you want to it. But that is just me. It is really up to you. Or if you wanted a different maker car you could try the ZL1 I was going to look into those before I purchased my '18 Mustang.
Was honestly considering a roush, but after finding out the these tuner companies that offer warranty’s can screw you over I’m going to pass. I’ve heard Roush is a good company but who knows for sure,after finding out Saleen deletes forum posts and pressures their customers into removing negative things about them I don’t know what to think. Roush can thank Saleen for costing them a sale.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went through an ordeal with Saleen back in 2010 over faulty calipers that they approved for replacement, but never paid the dealer for. I talked to a lawyer and got the same answer you just got. Fight it in a Cali court and it will take a long time. I paid ($4k) out of pocket for them and never looked back. Wouldn't own a Saleen if it was free. Sorry for your ordeal but hopefully it will keep others on here from falling into the Saleen trap.
Sorry to hear you got the “Saleen treatment “ too. Did you ever bring it to the forums, if I would have read stories like mine and yours I definitely would not have bought a Saleen. The only story I read was a guy with a Saleen that had a crack in the inter cooler and seems like a horrible situation that lasted months but never found out what came of it.

If you haven’t posted to the forums I would, hopefully we can save the next guys.

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
Sorry to hear you got the “Saleen treatment “ too. Did you ever bring it to the forums, if I would have read stories like mine and yours I definitely would not have bought a Saleen. The only story I read was a guy with a Saleen that had a crack in the inter cooler and seems like a horrible situation that lasted months but never found out what came of it.

If you haven’t posted to the forums I would, hopefully we can save the next guys.
I put it on a couple of F150 forums, as I had a F150 330SC. I also put it on the Saleen forum, but you can imagine how long that lasted.