Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
this is how some are now getting sub 4.5s but you look a prat doing it and its not exactly gentle on the drive train. :D
:lol: turn up to a set of red lights, line lock it and then launch control it :ford:

Love to see the reaction of the Fiat 500 driver next to you.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My best on the Pzero was 5.5s they would just not stop spinning. :(

On MPSS I went 4.7s.

Tried on PS4S but they seem less grippy from a dig and did a same 4.7s, but running a larger diameter wheel/tyre combination does not mean when the computer thinks we have hit 60mph I am actually doing 62-63mph as the speedo now under-reads which is what track apps pulls its data from, so the computer thinks I am going slower than I am and thus negatively impacting the times.

I achieve 4.7s in a manual by just releasing the clutch at 1500rpm and floor it and get it into 2nd fast.

I want to re-run as I am now under 10s to 100 as well I think. :D

If you really want the best time you need to line lock, heat the tyres up and then use LC or do a big clutch slip from around 3000-4000rpm in a manual, this is how some are now getting sub 4.5s but you look a prat doing it and its not exactly gentle on the drive train. :D

Nice tips, I was doing it with warm tyres, or I'd like to think they were, they'd been driven on cruise control at 50 (as it's all average speed checks back from my missus'), but not super sticky like a line lock / burnout will get them.

I do want to try and hit the 5.5 mark, but probably gonna wait for some warmer temps and hit that strip of tarmac by my house, technically not illegal to do so as long as I park with hazards on, and I don't go over 60 which is the speedlimit on that road ;)!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Nice tips, I was doing it with warm tyres, or I'd like to think they were, they'd been driven on cruise control at 50 (as it's all average speed checks back from my missus'), but not super sticky like a line lock / burnout will get them.

I do want to try and hit the 5.5 mark, but probably gonna wait for some warmer temps and hit that strip of tarmac by my house, technically not illegal to do so as long as I park with hazards on, and I don't go over 60 which is the speedlimit on that road ;)!

Driving warm and line lock warm is different though. ;)

Driving warm is just warm to touch and more lateral grip and little extra out the hole grip.

Line lock makes the tyre soft and gooey like, really can help off the line especially if using LC. But in the real world its not something you'd ever do.

The Mustang is just not particular good at 0-60, but no manual RWD big powerful torque car is to be honest. Fast 0-60 as in sub 4s are typically AWD or RWD with fancy gearbox/diff/LC.

The Mustang however does come into its own once moving, well the V8's do anyway as they have enough power and torque to pull hard to 150+ and roll on performance is very much the real world.

Like this morning on my way to work, some prat in some Skoda VRS junk kept on accelerating upto to me then back off and doing it again. So I though OK, I dropped a gear and did one, he was a dot. :D

He either thought he could keep up or I think what most are trying to do is just to get you to open it up so they can hear the V8 roar, of course I always oblige. :D

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Like this morning on my way to work, some prat in some Skoda VRS junk kept on accelerating upto to me then back off and doing it again. So I though OK, I dropped a gear and did one, he was a dot. :D
I sold an 18 month old vRS to buy the Mustang as attempting to keep up with anything over a 1.6 turbo normally proved fruitless and embarrassing!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
4.6 secs thats impressive . Once i figure out how to use the app im gonna have some fun trying to beat this time ;) Any tips?
Tip: find a steep hill. Remember to make the run DOWN the hill not UP.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
and I find it helps to start the timer once you hit second gear :lol:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
My Kooks headers are back from the ceramic coaters :D

Nice did you correct your rear spring install? As you installed them upside down. ;)

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No idea I never installed them, tbh I just googled it and some say the tight part should be top, some say bottom and some say it doesn't matter. Is it dependant on manufacturer or personal choice ?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
No idea I never installed them, tbh I just googled it and some say the tight part should be top, some say bottom and some say it doesn't matter. Is it dependant on manufacturer or personal choice ?
Tight should be at the top on progressive springs from what I know, as otherwise it's a harsher spring at the bottom, Linear springs may no matter as long as they align with the boots they sit in?

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked CJ Pony Parts and AM and they have them tight at the top. I should probably go check what mine are currently set to.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked CJ Pony Parts and AM and they have them tight at the top. I should probably go check what mine are currently set to.
Tight at the bottom from the picture yesterday lol!

With tight at the bottom my guess is that the spring rate will be harsher getting softer through it's release of pressure, whereas you want it to be soft going harder.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I checked that picture but some how saw the shock up the other way :doh:

Both are the wrong way round, I just checked. Getting them swapped round when the headers go on.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I checked that picture but some how saw the shock up the other way :doh:

Both are the wrong way round, I just checked. Getting them swapped round when the headers go on.
Pimp riding until then lol! Just wiat till you go over a bumpy road anyone sat in the back will hate you ;)!