CJPP H-pipe good and bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tore into this thing today and definitely would not buy this part again. I hadn't noticed, but one of the welds didn't even go all the way around the pipe - this thing would have had a whistle of an exhaust leak. What a mess. Anyway, we split it in half, ported out the crossover then welded it back together. Spend a little more money and get a nicer one.

That's the definition of an amateur job but most people would never know as how many people will actually cut the crossover section of the H-Pipe and inspect.

Ha, dug around a found a pic of the H-pipe from a borla cat-back I had on a G35 coupe a dozen years ago. It's not that much better than the CJPP, so I suspect the cheap CJPP pipe probably isn't that unusual, quality-wise.
Both of those H-Pipes are worse quality than the cheap no name universal H-pipes you see on eBay that people on here despise.
Sponsored

Last edited:

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Wow. Can't believe how crappy that crossover is. I'm running one now and you've got me wondering if I should dump it for either a Lethal or MRT...
Agreed they look like crap and I would have just sent it back.

I really don't understand the need to buy an H-pipe from someone. Go to your local custom exhaust shop and have them build you one.
I did - its stainless (not mild steel) has full pass thru and is welded in, all for under $200. Its a no brainer....:frusty:

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Agreed they look like crap and I would have just sent it back.

I really don't understand the need to buy an H-pipe from someone. Go to your local custom exhaust shop and have them build you one.
I did - its stainless (not mild steel) has full pass thru and is welded in, all for under $200. Its a no brainer....:frusty:
Agreed. I decided to keep mine because we're under a time crunch with an event coming up. If you factor in the time and supplies I have in this cheap CJPP pipe, it's well over $200.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Or half that price if you don't want stainless steel.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I was looking for a simple Bolt on solution to give my roush ab some rumble and ready to buying one and thanks to your posts I'll just wait for a better option.

Sponsored

Evade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
I ran an h-pipe from cjpp for a few months and it is less restrictive and lighter than stock. I didn't experience any of the "possible" things you descibed such as "whistling" or exhaust leaks, but then again, mine does not have the gap in the welds like yours does. I had no fitment issues with it, and it's definitely lighter than what you describe yours as being. You also never ran yours, correct? There is a big difference in sound over stock, even with stock mufflers. I agree that what you posted pics of looks to be a piece of shit (mostly because of the poor weld job), but not every one of them are like that. Mine isn't. I'm selling it because I went full exhaust. If I stayed stock, I'd keep this installed for the deeper more aggressive tone it provided.

I think cjpp should refund you anyway, even after you cut it open. That weld job and the hole cuts look like a 5 year old did them.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I posted a pic of mine on there website as a review I'm still waiting for them to say something to me.

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Does CJPP not have a sponsor here? Would really like to know what they have to say.

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
and it's definitely lighter than what you describe yours as being. You also never ran yours, correct?
Did you get the stainless version? I didn't figure the stainless would be that much lighter. I weighed the stock suitcase at 17lbs and the cjpp H at 10 lbs, + 1 lb for those who run the clamps and don't weld it. I'm running the ported cjpp pipe now, welded to stock tail section, and am very happy with the sound.

Sponsored

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
I posted a pic of mine on there website as a review I'm still waiting for them to say something to me.

Bill...just read your review on their site and finally someone else is hearing the same thing as me. I installed their H-pipe and it has never sounded right. It sounds just like a diesel truck and has this airy sound that i havent been able to pin point. I went back under the car with it running and there were no "leaks" that i could feel but now i am wanting to rip it off and see if mine looks at crap as the ones in here.

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I got around to putting up a review as well. What I'd really be interested in is seeing the stainless version cut open, or at least someone doing a really good inspection of it. Too late for me, but would be really helpful for others.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I'm sure you will find the same lol every video on you tube that the person lists with the h pipe has the sound same so I would have to say they are all messed up lol

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Well then...glad I got Heartthrob, because this was the other option..

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Another vote for an exhaust shop to make one for you...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.