Sponsored

Autocross and now service advance trac?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
The Magneride is linked to drive modes on the GT350 as well, sort of. To get the stiffest setting you have to be in track mode, the middle setting is available in normal mode. I personally rarely use the track suspension setting anyway...
Do you think track mode makes the dampers too stiff for autocross with the GT350?

I can hardly wait (but have to because the car probably won't be delivered until at least January . . . :( ) to see what the different drive mode setting do to the dampers and the 10A shifting.

Thanks!
Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Do you think track mode makes the dampers too stiff for autocross with the GT350?

I can hardly wait (but have to because the car probably won't be delivered until at least January . . . :( ) to see what the different drive mode setting do to the dampers and the 10A shifting.

Thanks!
Sport seems to ride better and put down power a bit better. I use both track and sport depending on the lot, I guess. Track feels way better in transition but I'm not convinced it's actually faster.

Note, I don't have the BMR front bar, just the free mod (holes drilled in stock bar) so maybe the slightly stiffer BMR bar makes the track mode even more pointless.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport seems to ride better and put down power a bit better. I use both track and sport depending on the lot, I guess. Track feels way better in transition but I'm not convinced it's actually faster.

Note, I don't have the BMR front bar, just the free mod (holes drilled in stock bar) so maybe the slightly stiffer BMR bar makes the track mode even more pointless.
Thanks!

Dick

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thanks!

Dick
FWIW track mode with slightly softer rear shocks on accel would be awesome. I want a DSC shock controller just to mess with that... but then it's off to CAM I go and that is a money pit I want to avoid.

Maybe the 2018 will have a softer calibration than the GT350 and it'll all be gravy. Either way, the MR shocks are pretty awesome for a street/track car, IMO.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW track mode with slightly softer rear shocks on accel would be awesome. I want a DSC shock controller just to mess with that... but then it's off to CAM I go and that is a money pit I want to avoid.

Maybe the 2018 will have a softer calibration than the GT350 and it'll all be gravy. Either way, the MR shocks are pretty awesome for a street/track car, IMO.
Good info. Lots of unknowns at this point. I'm looking forward to a "wife pleasing" normal ride combined with "a toggle switch" change to whatever MagneRide setting works best for autocross.

My first "big" decision for autocross, assuming no new choices for FS, will be 275 vs 285 front and/or rear. When I changed to 285 rear in 2016 they really didn't seem to make an improvement that I could feel and my performance in class tended to be worse than with the 275's. Too many other variables including drivers to be sure.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
So it's not quite legal for street class unfortunately, but maybe a fix for local events where it's "ok" to stretch this rule a little bit?

I used this to disable traction control after getting the error and reboot during a time trial run yesterday (completely hosed that set of runs). After disconnecting that connector near the airbox, the car ran fine with no apparent nannies and I was still able to set the drive mode for throttle maps. Seems to work!
Sponsored