Sponsored

NJMP THUNDERBOLT 6/17 6/18

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Firestarter, how was it running with MOEHPDE?

Missed you at Thunderbolt this past weekend. James was there on Sunday with the Ecoboost.

Finally have a video good enough for me to post (1:39 lap time). I let the instructor drive my car and asked he take it a bit easy on her. Even with taking it easy (stay off the curbs) he was able to pull off a 1:35 time without breaking a sweat. Car is a ton of fun.

[ame]
Sponsored

ArrestmeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Did you have my instructor (Brian) on Sunday? He said he had another Mustang on Sunday.
Yeah Brian was my instructor on the 18th. What a small world you were the other ecoboost he was telling me about before driving mine. Great instructor too I picked up so much from him. I saw him there yesterday. He sold his Porsche and bought an M3 track car.

ArrestmeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang

Missed you at Thunderbolt this past weekend. James was there on Sunday with the Ecoboost.

Finally have a video good enough for me to post (1:39 lap time). I let the instructor drive my car and asked he take it a bit easy on her. Even with taking it easy (stay off the curbs) he was able to pull off a 1:35 time without breaking a sweat. Car is a ton of fun.

I never saw you on track once?? We must have been on the other side of the track from each other every session. Great run though! I wouldn't have been able to keep up if we caught up to eachother

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah gridded early to get as much clean track as possible. One of the sessions I was about 500 feet behind you but then the checker flag came out so never got to hear your exhaust which sounds sweet BTW.

I never saw you on track once?? We must have been on the other side of the track from each other every session. Great run though! I wouldn't have been able to keep up if we caught up to eachother

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Awesome stuff I'm going back next weekend so that video will be helpful. I'm shooting for a 1:36 which is optimistic but I'll have 14 sessions over two days to get there.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1:36 would be a great time especially if you aren't abusing the car on the curbing. Have a great time.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Moe is good it's normally a smaller crowd no complaints just no instruction.

Lap looks good, good lines! I think I will use your approach to the octopus. A little bit of coasting though. Are you on stock wheels?

Reactions: TDC

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock wheels but RE-11 tires.

Have a good time. If you hit the 1:36 you're looking for you must post the vid. Want to learn.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Stock wheels but RE-11 tires.

Have a good time. If you hit the 1:36 you're looking for you must post the vid. Want to learn.
Wish me luck! basically your lines driven in more anger LOL. I did 1:40 with the chicane last time out

ArrestmeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Yeah gridded early to get as much clean track as possible. One of the sessions I was about 500 feet behind you but then the checker flag came out so never got to hear your exhaust which sounds sweet BTW.
Thanks man! It's a Borla S-type 3 inch car-back. I'll have American racing headers(with cats) on the car sometime this winter. Woulda loved to see how well I kept up with you on track or if I even could. Are you going to run at autocross this weekend with SCCA? It's gonna be at splash splash

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man! It's a Borla S-type 3 inch car-back. I'll have American racing headers(with cats) on the car sometime this winter. Woulda loved to see how well I kept up with you on track or if I even could. Are you going to run at autocross this weekend with SCCA? It's gonna be at splash splash
Going to be running at the Meadowlands with NNJR SCCA on Saturday. U should come out and try it as the layout is typically a mile long with higher speeds and great competitors. The Pro class is fun to watch with many strong nationals competitors.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looked like fun. I wonder how much time the chicane adds? My guess is about 1.5 - 2 seconds.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Looked like fun. I wonder how much time the chicane adds? My guess is about 1.5 - 2 seconds.
I have heard 2. Yeah I was fun. Funny how when you watch the videos you see so many areas for improvement.

I dont avoid the curbs I figure they are no harder on the car then the BQE.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Two seconds might be about right. The distances are pretty close to the same, but where if you were taking T3 w/o chicane at 90 you'd be down to 65-ish in the chicane's left-hander. I did this math once, but I can't seem to find it in between answering the door for yet another gang of little candy bandits.

The inside curbing at T3 w/o chicane isn't quite as flat as the inside of T12, and you're about to crest a gentle rise, so I don't think you're going to get quite up to T12 speeds through 3.

Norm
Sponsored