Sponsored

Doesn't seem to be much activity in here..

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Passed 36000 miles, time for MPT tune. Prob going to run PRX 87-89 since this is my DD.

Things i would like to do if i can find local take-offs: GT base front brakes. 3.55 rear gear and GT hood.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
im just about to hit 35k. just at 2 years as well

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
mpt tune will change how you think about the car... do it

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Will have MPT tune before the end of the year. Hoping for end of year sale. have been following the MPT thread, have not seen any negative comments. Also looked a JDM but since engine is stock can't justify the extra $$ for it over MPT.

With all the A/C evap core failures decided purchased a flood ford base ESP just before passing 36k. Checked with my dealer ESP is in the ford database.
https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

Sponsored

Maelstrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 V6
So far I've only done some cosmetic mods, LEDs interior, switchbacks, tint on marker lights, black out warning stickers on sun shades etc... About to do CAI, exhaust and tune. May get a few other items while I can't drive my car. If I decide to be adventurous, May see about porting intake manifold upper and lower.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Well I am on the path of upgrading my car for the track.... Purchased new struts and springs (GT PP dampers with BMR Performance springs), GT PP front control arms. Installing BMR engine lowering mounts tomorrow in preperation for my Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace!

After that I am going to take another crack at my exhaust and make a true quad exhaust setup. I plan on tweaking [MENTION=19057]fordguys550[/MENTION] catless exhaust setup!

Lethal performance mid pipes, flowmaster high flow cats, magnaflow resonated x, muffler deletes for one set of tips while the other set will be attached to magnaflow 18" round mufflers. Should hopefully be a unique take on the exhaust!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Well I am on the path of upgrading my car for the track.... Purchased new struts and springs (GT PP dampers with BMR Performance springs), GT PP front control arms. Installing BMR engine lowering mounts tomorrow in preperation for my Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace!
Are the lowering mounts necessary? I thought it was just 1/4” shims/spacers that most V6 guys were using?

Interested in pics and feedback either way! I’m thinking about grabbing one some day in the future.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
There are PP front control arms?
The S550 has 2 front control arms per side. The forward control arms between the PP and non PP vehicles are mostly identical aside from plastic air ducts on the PP arms for brake cooling. The rear front control arms are entirely forged one piece designs for PP vehicles while non PP vehicles have a hollow welded tube construction. The rear front control arms on the PP vehicles are stiffer as a result.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Are the lowering mounts necessary? I thought it was just 1/4” shims/spacers that most V6 guys were using?

Interested in pics and feedback either way! I’m thinking about grabbing one some day in the future.
You can install the bracing with spacers but you end up transferring more load to the studs when you do that which could cause more deflection then usual or break the studs due to the stresses. The lowering mounts will allow for a factory style install of the brace and offer other benefits that I want to take advantage of. These include a lower center of gravity, better transfer of power to the wheels (less drivetrain loss), and the ability to replace my stock mounts that have 100k on them and are likely a bit worn out.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Just saw JMPerformance twin turbo kit for the 3.7l. Looks pretty impressive and costs about the same as the procharger but will deliver way more power/torque and can be customized. Not sure if it'll fit the S550 since the test bed is a s197 but technical it should fit. Kinda want it more than a prochager for the same price.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I have picked up a lot of parts; PP shocks, struts, toe links, sway bars, billet aluminum vert links, vogtland lowering springs, ford performance strut and cowl brace, steeda adjustable endlinks, BMR lockout kit, 3.73 pumpkin, GT Brakes, and a.bunch of small detail parts like billet dead pedal, new carbon fiber shift knob, vinyl hashmarks, foglights, billet pedals, carbon fiber wheel decal, etc.

However, with my schedule I have only gotten the suspension hardware on. Made a huge difference, but I now have a constant right front suspension clunk over bumps and I have done everything to fix it with zero results. One time after disassembly and remount it went away for three days and then came back....at a total loss on the issue.

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
However, with my schedule I have only gotten the suspension hardware on. Made a huge difference, but I know have a constant right front suspension clunk over bumps and I have done everything to fix it with zero results. One time after disassembly and remount it went away for three days and then came back....at a total loss on the issue.
If it makes you feel any better, I've got an annoying ass squeak/rubbing/grinding noise coming from the same area on mine when I turn the wheel right now. Today is finally when I get to drop it back off to get it looked at, but man is it annoying to have your car sounding like an old beater when you're trying to upgrade it.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
If it makes you feel any better, I've got an annoying ass squeak/rubbing/grinding noise coming from the same area on mine when I turn the wheel right now. Today is finally when I get to drop it back off to get it looked at, but man is it annoying to have your car sounding like an old beater when you're trying to upgrade it.
I am getting really frustrated. I don't want to go to the dealership and spend an arm and leg. I do all my own work, always have unless it's above my skill level. I have done everything from remount, reseat spring, tore apart the strut hardware and reassembled, new strut mount, new endlinks, checked swaybar bolts and tighten, etc. Just losing my mind.
Sponsored