Sponsored

Rear Bumper Cover Removal Help

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Hey guys i have sesrched and found multiple threads on rear bumper gaps.

I have ordered some new brackets and was wondering if anyone has link to remoal install video or if someone could post the repair manual on rear bumper cover removal?

I know this is not a hard thing but would like to know were any hidden clips etc are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
How bad are your gaps? Post pics. 350 bumper gaps are a right of passage. Embrace them. LOL

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How bad are your gaps? Post pics. 350 bumper gaps are a right of passage. Embrace them. LOL
I will post before and after pics tomorrow.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Yup have had two Shelbys a 2016 and now a 2017 and both have the gap. And both been to the body shop to have adjusted and both still had a bit of gap afterwards or after driving awhile. I just gave up.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Thats why you should glue the bracket to car and modify the bracket at end of the bracket where it makes the upward swing. To get that last space out. Take look at the thread panel gap solved. Some body shop wrote up their fix and posted it but no pics. Walmart has the ABS 5 minute Epoxy. It really sticks to ABS, won't pop off like regular epoxy. Its got MEK in it to dissolve ABS just like PVC glue does. As long as you rough up the surface. Or you could PVC pipe cleaner it will cut the surface glaze. 3M 4475 glue is designed to stick cloth and leather to ABS.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure about gluing any thing making it permanent.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
your only putting a dab around the attachment bolt on the mounting bracket. Ever need to remove it a couple of putty knives on both sides and little heat and it will pop off. Not gluing the bumper on. Only keeping the bracket from moving.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You know xXAnhormonXx did a writeup on removing and adjusting the rear bumper assembly. I also found that ford performance did a set of instructions for the rear tow hook and that is all inclusive of a rear bumper adjustment or removal. FYI

Sponsored
OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know xXAnhormonXx did a writeup on removing and adjusting the rear bumper assembly. I also found that ford performance did a set of instructions for the rear tow hook and that is all inclusive of a rear bumper adjustment or removal. FYI
Thanks I was not able to completely remove the rear bumper cover I even looked at these instructions I could not get the rear of the bumper to come off it states to pull really hard I did but it felt like something was going to break. I was able to replace both side brackets and it improved the gaps but I know it could be better if I would have been able to get the bumper cover off. I feel whatever is holding on the bumper that bracket needs to be raised slightly so that the weight does not cause the rear to sag.

I will figure out what is preventing me from getting the cover off and tackle it another day.

At least the gap closed up a little and is not as noticeable.

FYI all of the screws for the brackets were loose along with the nuts that hold the fender liner in place were also loose.
Before.JPG
After.JPG

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think any one has been able to make it completely up snug like it should be. Have seen where one guy got his up snug and even put a screw into the plastic beside the bracket to keep it snug. And awhile later posted it was gapped again some and he was giving up. Agree the bracket needs to move up some but as you know its not adjustable. I hate it but even though there are a lot of suggestions on forums to get and keep it snug I don't know of any that stayed up snug over a period of time. Sad!

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also I think if there weren't those tabs on there that always show with the gap it wouldn't look as bad. They make it look as though panel is gapped to much verses if tabs weren't there it would just look a bit more spaced at the top.

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also I think if there weren't those tabs on there that always show with the gap it wouldn't look as bad. They make it look as though panel is gapped to much verses if tabs weren't there it would just look a bit more spaced at the top.
Agreed

I am going to tackle it again when I get a chance. It wont be until I have a chance to get settled in my new home in December.

I think trying to tighten the upward slope gap without supporting/raising the bumper cover in the middle is pointless.

I will figure it out as it taunts me now! lol
Sponsored