Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
UK - always a flash of the lights or wave (assuming I'm paying attention!) I can go weeks without seeing one on the roads here, different world :ford:
Unless the other driver is driving his wife's Volvo :p

:D
Sponsored

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
Wave doesn't cost anything. I wave whether or not I get them back. I wave any classic car or truck regardless of make

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I was beside a terminator at a light the other day. It sounded mean, and I was about to say something but the light went green. It looked familiar so I posted about it on the local mustang club page and the guy responded. I remember now he took it to the dyno earlier this year and made almost 600hp. He said shortly after we were at the light his clutch cable snapped..lol

I haven't waved but when I see a 550 GT I always feel like I should give them the metal horns..

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Guy rolled up on me with a Black Shelby with blue stripe and I gave him the thumbs up.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, here in Florida it's always hot and all car windows are tinted, unless someone has their windows down; hard to see or communicate anything to anybody.

I have my windows down a lot more than most people and in the fall/winter months when it's cooler around here like in the 60/70's I have exchanged waves with quite a few Stang owners and/or have gotten waves just from people admiring my car.

TC

Supermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt pp with recaros
I'll wave if is a 5.0 if is an eco or v6 I wouldn't have even look at your direction.

I live in Vegas where every tourist rents an eco/v6

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
I wave about 50% of the time. I do go out of my way to let fellow Mustang drivers out in traffic or merge over in front of me.

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
Where I'm from this is what car owners do:

Pre-2011 cars (except termi cobras): snarl and grimace at me
2011-2014 stock cars: don't notice
2011-2014 modified cars: wave over the steering wheel or thumbs up
2015+ girl driven: snarl
2015+ male driven: wave/thumbs up

Every non-mustang car on road: grimace

Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I wave at my "twin GT" I pass on the way to work. I'll wave at regulars I see a lot but not every single one. Around here they are everywhere.

When I had my motorcycle I'd drop a hand for most sport bikes, Harley riders wouldn't even acknowledge me.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I give a thumbs-up if they are heading toward me. If we are going in the same direction I'll also give a thumbs-up or a wave, especially if their window is down. I do this to pretty much anyone in an interesting/sporty car, especially if it is modified.

If they have tinted windows and I can't see inside, I tend to leave them alone.

-T

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The Wave is more of a Corvette thing. I never got waves from other stang owners , but get waves from many Vette owners.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Considering the majority of Mustang owners aren't enthusiasts I get very few waves of thumbs up, however I would say about 25% of modified mustangs do give some sort of recognition.

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
Don't start the Jeep wave thing! I had a jeep for a while and it is stupid. You feel obligated to wave when they wave to not be a prick. Even when it a normal stock basic new Jeep. I say a thumbs up to something you like is good. I did this with other classic cars while driving my Barracuda when I had it and still do even when I am just driving my pickup for a nice classic car or nicely modified newer one. Most of the time the owners as I do appreciate this and wave back. APPRECIATION not OBLIGATION.
Sponsored