Sponsored

Road Hazard Warranty

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Just patched my left rear tire today. Had to repair my right rear a few months back. Both were pretty much on the border of safely being repaired or thrown into the trash. Ended up just buying a road hazard warranty for peace of mind for the next 2-3 years while they were repairing it. Anyone else's tire attracting nails like a magnet?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Just patched my left rear tire today. Had to repair my right rear a few months back. Both were pretty much on the border of safely being repaired or thrown into the trash. Ended up just buying a road hazard warranty for peace of mind for the next 2-3 years while they were repairing it. Anyone else's tire attracting nails like a magnet?
I got a screw in one of my rear tires at about 16,000, but the tire was already worn out. So I replaced both rears. The fronts will probably be replaced next spring, I assume. I haven't gotten more nails in these tires than normal that I have noticed. I'm not sure how you are driving your car that you think they will last 2-3 years. No track days for you? Mine made it 1.5 years with one track day, but here in MN I don't drive the car as much as I would if I lived in CA.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
No track days. Assuming 30K~ mile life, 8k~ mile a year, dont expect replacement for at least 2 years from now.

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
I never understood enough about tire replacement insurance just figure there would be way to many loopholes I lose at least 1 tire a year to road hazards

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Yup, I've attracted 4 screws on my rear tires in 28000 miles. It's nuts. I finally bought road hazard insurance in hopes that the tire stores stop seeding my area's roads with screws. Haha

Sponsored

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Picking up nails/ screws in rear tires is very normal had one in mine a few months ago. the front tires roll over the "object" and it starts to tumble then the rear tire rolls over it snatching it up. I work in a tire shop see it all day long. If your tire shop allows you to Road Hazard a Ultra Performance Tire that's great news!

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
if you buy the tires from tire rack, road hazard is included. Had to exercise that for 1 of my tires on the charger recently - painless process. Had to take a picture of the tire with the screw in it, a picture of the dot # and make sure one of those had the tire brand/name in it etc. Emailed that in and got a claim # - reimbursement on purchase of replacement.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Screw in front tire only a couple weeks after purchase. 1/2" long but in thickest part of tread and didn't go through. I had a patch put on anyway just for peace of mind that the spot had enough rubber.

Flat Rock Flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'll chime in here as well...1062 miles and a roofing nail in the right rear shoulder. My dealer (small town dealer in Beatrice, NE) provided a Nitrogen fill road hazard guarantee when I purchased the GT350 two months earlier. The fine print specified up to $150 replacement value, but I was fortunate that the dealership is a stand-up operation and they comped me a new Pilot SS. I'm sold that road hazard warranties are well worth it on performance vehicles.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'll chime in here as well...1062 miles and a roofing nail in the right rear shoulder. My dealer (small town dealer in Beatrice, NE) provided a Nitrogen fill road hazard guarantee when I purchased the GT350 two months earlier. The fine print specified up to $150 replacement value, but I was fortunate that the dealership is a stand-up operation and they comped me a new Pilot SS. I'm sold that road hazard warranties are well worth it on performance vehicles.
That was awesome they did that for you. I paid $180 total, which is about half the price of a new tire installed. Just the size, and cost of the tires alone, and through my own experience, it's as necessary as car insurance. Luckily most tire chains will sell you road hazard warranty, even if you didn't purchase the tire from them. In my case, they did it for OEM tires. The road hazard warranty should reimburse me for the full value of the tire if they can't repair it.

Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
1/2 inch drill bit in my GT500
I get the road hazard on everything

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
1/2 inch drill bit in my GT500
I get the road hazard on everything
More often than not, I encounter some type of major construction every time I take the car out.
Sponsored