Sponsored

ProCharger Surge at ~2500 RPM - Need Help!

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

I've been running my Procharger HO setup for a few weeks and it runs GREAT except for one little issue. If I am around 2500 RPMs or so and get the pedal to about 60 percent the car surges multiple times until you either A. Let off the throttle, B. Go WOT, or C. Pass 3000 RPMs.

Here is what I have:
P1SC Pullied for 10 PSI at 7200 RPM
Stage 2 Intercooler
Brisk 1 Ranger Cooler Plugs gapped at .028
VMP Plug and Play BAP
Bypass Valve is the standard Butterfly BPV that comes with the kit
GT350 Manifold

I have been working with Lund who has said it may be the BPV but I'm not convinced as a 25 percent pedal accelerate from 2500 RPMs or so shows zero VAC and no surgring as does a WOT accelerate.

So far I have only received 1 revised tune from LUND that did not fix the issue and made 1st gear unusable in 1st gear. The other thing I have tried is replacing the 3/16 vacuum hose to the BPV with a 1/4 inch line (This included replacing the barb fittings on the vacuum black and BPV). This made no difference. I also tried moving the vacuum block from the factor vacuum tree to the stand alone port on the manifold (Port where the break booster connects on GT350 Cars)

I am at a loss here? Should I continue to push LUND for a tune? Has anyone upgraded to the BIG red race valve and had it resolve the issue?
Sponsored

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I had some surging on my stage 2 kit sounded really similar to what you are experiencing. at first I just changed my driving habbits to avoid it, but even then it would still happen from time to time and everyone thought I didnt know how to drive a stick.

I recently swapped to the Boss Intake it has been completely gone since, Not sure why but I would have to think its either because I lost the IMRCs( losing a little low end torque also made 1st gear useful again) or it is the new VCT cam positioning/ timing for the manifold in the tune. I did also run a vacuum line direct from the manifold to the Procharger vacuum manifold, but I dont see how the BPV could be responsible since the car is still in vacuum

hope that helps

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Hey All,

I've been running my Procharger HO setup for a few weeks and it runs GREAT except for one little issue. If I am around 2500 RPMs or so and get the pedal to about 60 percent the car surges multiple times until you either A. Let off the throttle, B. Go WOT, or C. Pass 3000 RPMs.

Here is what I have:
P1SC Pullied for 10 PSI at 7200 RPM
Stage 2 Intercooler
Brisk 1 Ranger Cooler Plugs gapped at .028
VMP Plug and Play BAP
Bypass Valve is the standard Butterfly BPV that comes with the kit
GT350 Manifold

I have been working with Lund who has said it may be the BPV but I'm not convinced as a 25 percent pedal accelerate from 2500 RPMs or so shows zero VAC and no surgring as does a WOT accelerate.

So far I have only received 1 revised tune from LUND that did not fix the issue and made 1st gear unusable in 1st gear. The other thing I have tried is replacing the 3/16 vacuum hose to the BPV with a 1/4 inch line (This included replacing the barb fittings on the vacuum black and BPV). This made no difference. I also tried moving the vacuum block from the factor vacuum tree to the stand alone port on the manifold (Port where the break booster connects on GT350 Cars)

I am at a loss here? Should I continue to push LUND for a tune? Has anyone upgraded to the BIG red race valve and had it resolve the issue?

should be able to remedy it in the tune. ive fixed quite a few with this problem. is this a manual car or a auto?

the manual HO kits are REALLY bad about doing it. but are usually the easiest to fix

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
should be able to remedy it in the tune. ive fixed quite a few with this problem. is this a manual car or a auto?

the manual HO kits are REALLY bad about doing it. but are usually the easiest to fix
This is the very man who made my surging issues a thing of the past

Sponsored

OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

I have a manual. Can you tell me what I can have Lund look for?

OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I had some surging on my stage 2 kit sounded really similar to what you are experiencing. at first I just changed my driving habbits to avoid it, but even then it would still happen from time to time and everyone thought I didnt know how to drive a stick.

I recently swapped to the Boss Intake it has been completely gone since, Not sure why but I would have to think its either because I lost the IMRCs( losing a little low end torque also made 1st gear useful again) or it is the new VCT cam positioning/ timing for the manifold in the tune. I did also run a vacuum line direct from the manifold to the Procharger vacuum manifold, but I dont see how the BPV could be responsible since the car is still in vacuum

hope that helps

I thought about the IMRCs as well. LUND looks to have them locked open in their tunes. NGUAGE shows IMRC Requested as 1 everywhere and the voltage on the IMRC the same indicating they aren't flapping.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
lol i didnt even see you posted. sorry :cheers: how is that thing?
Runs like a total champ i love it all thanks to you.

It has a weird knock that still comes up in 3rd gear from time to time and always third, but ill lock it down see what's jiggling around

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Mine does it from time to time. I just learned to avoid causing it. No big deal.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I thought about the IMRCs as well. LUND looks to have them locked open in their tunes. NGUAGE shows IMRC Requested as 1 everywhere and the voltage on the IMRC the same indicating they aren't flapping.
Yea i have noticed this also in my logs but dont know how he would lock them open in the tune beings they are vaccum operated.Their is a switch that the pcm opens that dumps the vaccum at a certain rpm,so unless when the intially open he has them switches turned off so they cannot dump vaccum.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yea i have noticed this also in my logs but dont know how he would lock them open in the tune beings they are vaccum operated.Their is a switch that the pcm opens that dumps the vaccum at a certain rpm,so unless when the intially open he has them switches turned off so they cannot dump vaccum.
I'm pretty sure that's the case.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Mine does it all the time so I just drive it in sport mode, I have an auto. I also have to give it more gas to make it stop, kind of missed me off. I've noticed that when it does it my boost gauge goes from like 3-5 vacuum back up to 1-3 lbs of boost.

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
SOrry to hear about another proleaker issue. Hope you can get it fixed

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
SOrry to hear about another proleaker issue. Hope you can get it fixed
:dnftt:

Lund will get it figured out. If you think its an IMRC issue, you can always get the lockouts from MMR and see if that fixes it. I believe they're only $40 or so. I had those and then switched to the Boss manifold so no IMRCs here.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
its not imrcs. that's what i thought it was when i started trying to fix it. its the TQ tables.

and a few other little things. if he wants he can email me.
Sponsored