Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
I traded a 13 Focus ST for a 15 Ecoboost Mustang Premium with PP.

Both of these cars are/were year around daily drivers. They are both a hoot to drive daily. Stock to stock the Mustang is faster and tuned to tuned the Mustang is still faster. I gave up about 1.5 mpg moving to the Mustang. The Mustang handles shitty roads that I have to drive better than the ST but the ST wasn't bad. The steering of the ST is quicker than I like for a daily driver, the Mustang is about perfect. The Mustang interior is a much nicer place to spend my commute than the ST.

I enjoyed the two years I had with the ST but the Ecoboost Mustang has proven to be better in every way but gas mileage.
Nice comparison, I totally agree about the "nicer place to spend my commute"

Did you get a manual or auto ecoboost?

Ever wish you would have gotten the non PP for the rough roads?
Sponsored

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I couldn't even imagine an ST. The EB with some mods already dominates the 5.0 and can turn. An ST would be crazy to drive.
Put down that crack pipe junior :lol:
No Ecoboost ever touched me, none ever will

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
400 wheel hp in that car must feel like a beast!
I had a 2nd gen making 330/360 whp/wtq. Very fun cars and are very capable on the stock block. It's a very fun experience when you hammer it in 2nd gear and the wheels break loose from the tiny turbo insta-spooling.

Kind of scary that those cars can look like sleepers and have capability of walking away from a stock GT, at least to a certain speed because their top end sucks unless big turbo is had.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I actually decided between these 2. I needed a dd from them so it came down to a GT or fST. Considering the deal I got on my 15 gt pp/cloth recaros it was a no brainer (was within $1500 of a new ordered ST). I went GT and honestly laugh every time I see a little fiesta on the road. I still like it but SO glad i didnt buy that tiny little insignificant thing. Absolutely loving the mustang.:clap2:

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
The GT350 is an entirely different car, I would love to get some seat time with one of these!!!
I have them both. I got the Fiesta ST after the Shelby. Regardless, you can have more fun with the ST at legal speeds that I ever imagined. I missed having a small fun hatch and after driving it I ended up getting one. The GT350 is awesome because of the amount of character it has. It makes all the right sounds, it is mechanical and it feels more analogue than its age would make it believe, it goes like stink and turns on a dime. For me it pushes all the right buttons. Very few cars do not feel dull if driven back to back to the GT350. Unexpectedly, the ST is one of those because it is so different yet still extremely engaging to drive.

Sponsored

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
you do realize there are REAL 650 whp focus st's out there right? :lol:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

LoL? You better have a supercharger on that kitty junior.

Doesn't take much to outrun a stock GT.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I came from a 2012 Mazdaspeed3 , so similar to the ST . I totally see what you are saying . Though I do love my GT , if I had both , it would be at least a 50/50 split.

I used to not think about taking my Mazda into Washington DC , I dread taking the GT in , luckily I don't do it much .

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
LoL? You better have a supercharger on that kitty junior.

Doesn't take much to outrun a stock GT.
notice he didnt ever reply to my post either... sounds like a drunken ignorant post.. or trolling

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyone here also own a Fiesta ST, Focus ST or Focus RS? I would like your feedback if you also own both!
I drove a 2013 Focus ST for well over 4 years before getting the 2017 Mustang GT Premium.

Focus ST was fast and fun. But the GT is way more fast and it's a proper sports car with RWD. RWD > FWD and I'm not sad to see the ST go.

Further, the GT is quite a bit more comfortable than the ST.

The Recaros in the ST were great if you're driving enthusiastically, but they got tiring during day-to-day driving and in traffic.

Other than the price point and gas mileage, everything is better in the Mustang GT: looks, power, performance, sportiness, etc.

Unless you need to take 3+ adults with you, I can't see why anyone would choose the ST over GT especially if you can swing the extra $10K.

Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
The EB with some mods already dominates the 5.0 and can turn.
That ec0boost is so seriously quick at part throttle that most GT drivers aren't even aware they are being raced. :D

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Rot ro. We're back.