JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I have nothing to add here, except I agree. Most of the sales are fairly weak and/or non-existent when you take into account the "regular" non-black friday price. And, it's is most definitely true at all retailers this year.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
This is how Black Friday works. Working on Black Friday at BestBuy in the past taught me this quickly.

Not to say there's never a good deal/sale, but generally it's really not much more than usual, and it's never worth the line at stores.

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Lethal Performance

I would have to disagree . Just bought DSS 800 hp axles from Lethal Performance for the lowest price I have seen by quite a bit. Thanks lethal

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Depends on the retailer. Some will show the "list or marl" as the original price even though the retailer never sold the product as list price. So usually there is a discount just not as big as they want you to believe.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Usually the best prices are after Christmas and New Year when they still have too much inventory because of their false sales.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I see certain Mustang parts sellers inflating the “regular” prices when they have a sale. Bottom line? Know the going price for an item before pulling the trigger. There ARE some good deals out there for Black Friday. A couple I’ve seen are Roush heat extractors for $159, and Roush axlebacks for $459.

I also noticed a certain seller’s sale price on a Diode Dynamics kit is more expensive than on DD’s site. Compare compare compare.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
AFAIK, Steeda does not do this.

I've been following the prices for non adjustable Pro Action shocks and most of the year they are $530 or so. Labor day they were just under $400 and for black Friday they are just over $400...so doesn't seem like they inflate the prices to show big discounts.

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
Keep in mind that some manufacturers won't allow you to discount at all, or if they do its a percentage off MSRP. I am not defending AM by any stretch but people have asked about our prices on a few things. We have some killer deals on springs, steering wheels, paddle shifters, quad tips, etc that are in the 30-50% off range.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
As mentioned the Black Friday or (insert any holiday sale here) is the same sales tactics (fact) that holds true for the common “Going Bankrupt” or “Going Out of Business” retail shops - the “discounted” price is nothing more than:

Regular price:$100.00
Going out of Business/Bankrupt price: $200.00
Discount: 50% off
Discounted Price: $100.00
Whoohoo - you saved absolutely NOTHING.

LMFAO.

Always, AlWayS, ALWAYS, A-L-W-A-Y-S shop and compare BEFORE buying on emotion or “gotta have it”....

Retail isn’t going to lose profit “just because”... sure, there are deals to be had, but seriously when you see such a “sale”, shop that same product at numerous venues to see if you are truly getting a deal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yup, as I suspected, check car cover today and normal price $40 less than what they said it was over the weekend. Screw you AM, buying it elsewhere.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
This is why I always buy what I want when I want it instead of waiting around for sales. It's always a gimmick. The only sales place I usually follow is slickdeals.net because people are sharks on there and let you know if something isn't an actual deal. We need one for car parts. If you can sell an item with a discount 2 days out of december, january, <insert every other special holiday/event> then you can just sell it year round for that price...

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
Yup, as I suspected, check car cover today and normal price $40 less than what they said it was over the weekend. Screw you AM, buying it elsewhere.
I no longer buy from AM. The customer service for when you have an issue is pleasant from them though. Placed an order with AM, thought about it, cancelled, re-ordered with LMR. More expensive but I enjoy getting my parts in a day or 2 and supporting a business in the same state.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
AM did have the lowest price on the Airaid/FP GT350 Filter for my Power Pack 2, so that's where I purchased it from. And I've noticed their products fluctuate in price around big sales (or even with the coupon codes sometimes, when clicking through from an email).

Also, they always seem to have fairly large giveaways too. Where/when do they announce these winners? I've seen a few "announcements" filmed in their garage, but I've never seen an actual winner post here or elsewhere? I'm not saying no one has won, I'm just asking if indeed some regular Joes have won and who they are?

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
This is why I always buy what I want when I want it instead of waiting around for sales. It's always a gimmick. The only sales place I usually follow is slickdeals.net because people are sharks on there and let you know if something isn't an actual deal. We need one for car parts. If you can sell an item with a discount 2 days out of december, january, <insert every other special holiday/event> then you can just sell it year round for that price...
Exactly!
Sponsored