BMR Jacking rails vs Steeda jacking rails

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
As much as the jacking rails have been covered, I've seen the question asked a few times in the jacking rail threads but didn't see any answers. What are the bolts for that are in the car that the rails mount up to?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
As much as the jacking rails have been covered, I've seen the question asked a few times in the jacking rail threads but didn't see any answers. What are the bolts for that are in the car that the rails mount up to?
They are part of the assembly process for the vehicle at the factory.

TJ

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
For those looking to acquire the best rails available, or those looking to join the "swapped over to CJR002" club - don't miss out!

$110~shipped!
FB_IMG_1511210120313.jpg

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
For those looking to acquire the best rails available, or those looking to join the "swapped over to CJR002" club - don't miss out!

$110~shipped!
Thanks - placed an order today. :thumbsup:

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Our rails are full length and they feature boxed ends for the ability to support the vehicle anywhere along them. What I usually do is jack the car by the center tube portion and place jack stands under the boxed ends.

Another feature that is unique to BMR rails is the main tube is parallel to the ground when the vehicle is level, instead of sloped like the chassis it mounts to. Not a big deal, but something we wanted to do and knew the competition wouldn't offer (we released rails before anyone else)

All of that said....I don't use them. I removed them from my car and I use my CB005 to lift the rear, and up front I use a block of wood on the jack. If I was to lift the car more often, I would keep them on as they are much easier.
Disregard: found my answer....the entire jack stand does not sit on the rail, looks as if one side of the jack stand sits on the rail and the other side sits on the pinch weld, is this how it’s designed to work, thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Lol, I was wondering the same thing when I was removing them

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Not commenting on the rails but rather the install video linked above. Never lift your S550 (or S197 for that matter) Mustang from the K-member. Doesn't matter if you put a block or pad under it. The floor pan sheetmetal where the end of the arm attaches, as well as the arm itself, were not designed for jacking or lifting purposes.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Is the frame section which passes under the engine part of the k member? If so, its where I lift when doing my oil changes..Cant tell that anything is harmed lifting there

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The "beam" portion of the K-member that runs directly under the engine oil pan and runs parallel to the axle center line is indeed the strongest portion of the K-member. Technically, it is not recommended to jack from there either as it is not a factory recommended lifting point. Regardless, I'm talking about the tails of the K-member that run from the beam to the sheetmetal, typically at an angle. Here's a photo that depicts the tail of both an S197 and an S550 K-member.

The tail is not a structural component in a vertical plane. It is designed to yield under a horizontal plane compression event such as a frontal impact. Watch the following video at the 2:48 point and you'll see what I'm referring to.

Most importantly, the sheetmetal area where the rear of the K-member tail attaches is extremely thin and is designed to tear easily. It will deflect when compressed vertically. I've posted photos elsewhere of S197 cars that were supported this way that crushed the sheetmetal when used as a jacking point. The following photo is from a car where somebody chained it improperly but I'm posting it here to show there is no support directly underneath the tail where it rests on the sheetmetal.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Disregard: found my answer....the entire jack stand does not sit on the rail, looks as if one side of the jack stand sits on the rail and the other side sits on the pinch weld, is this how it’s designed to work, thanks.
The only explanation I've gotten is that these are mounting points for the assembly line to secure the chassis while the car is being assembled.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what on earth those big bolts are securing otherwise.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I hate videos titled like that. Click-bait bullshit. Just say what the video is about in the damn title...:tsk:

/rant

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I hate videos titled like that. Click-bait bullshit. Just say what the video is about in the damn title...:tsk:

/rant
Here is a good title I found on You Tube. :cheers:

Cool video of our SUPER popular CJR002 Rails going on a GT350!

Sponsored

Last edited: