ETS intercooler

KUgrad13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Roush Stage 1
I am looking to put a new intercooler on my 2015 Ecoboost Mustang. The ETS intercooler has caught my eye but I was wanting to hear other people's thoughts. Does anyone have the ETS intercooler installed on there Ecoboost and what is your experience with the product?
Sponsored

DeVito757

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW F30 335xi Msport, 2015 Ecoboost Premium PP MT Ruby Red
Also just put one in and love it. Not to difficult at all to install, just take off the crash bar and trim the excess plastic and there is plenty of room to work with.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've had one on the last 500 or so miles (Or a few weeks in my case). I love it, the charge temps are way, way, way down from stock, during WOT they soar to about 13c above ambient, during standard driving they're around 7-10c above. Under WOT it quickly cools the peak increases of charge temps, and averages about 10-11c during WOT.

I can post my logs if it helps with your decisions.

There's SF & levels which I also looked into, I can't give you the facts and figures for those, but the ETS is mental.

Only downside with it, there's not many install vids on youtube, and there's naff all in the way of instructions, but it's pretty simple to install. You will have to cut part of the plastic shielding on the cold side (Drivers side for you americans) to fit the end tanks in, I only cut what was needed off as it looked to be covering a radiator pipe, and I don't intend on swapping that sh1t out. Ever. lol

Oh, and when installing, go back over every clamp to it (two on hotside charge pipe, to it, one on turbo, two on cold side pipe, and two on the BOV return) they're a 7mm socket head with a flathead, just skip the flathead and use a 7mm, tighten them as much as you can, and then keep going - I tried 'just' putting it on with the flathead, and it popped off on first run.
Sponsored