Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

16RRGT

Roush Phase 1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT; 85, 69 Camaro, 2000 F350 Dsl Dually
After my update(version from page 1) I still get this pop-up. Now that Ford has released the official version can I reinstall using the Ford download? Not sure if this is ok. Help me Rhonda, help help me Rhonda.........
I haven't done the newest one yet, been busy with work and out for a conference starting Sunday.
If you updated the non-nav that file hasn't changed yet. I did the same thing and he indicated a few posts above that he hadn't changed it for non-nav as yet.
Sponsored

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
After my update(version from page 1) I still get this pop-up. Now that Ford has released the official version can I reinstall using the Ford download? Not sure if this is ok. Help me Rhonda, help help me Rhonda.........
Some claim to have fixed this issue by disconnecting then reconnecting to whatever WiFi source they were using. IIRC, you have to completely disconnect and force the system to forget the connection. After you scan and re-enter your password to reconnect the popup should be gone for good.

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
So then can we officially confirm that the non-nav link on page 1 in fact still is build 17194 and not 17276, and that only the nav version is available so far?

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
Some claim to have fixed this issue by disconnecting then reconnecting to whatever WiFi source they were using. IIRC, you have to completely disconnect and force the system to forget the connection. After you scan and re-enter your password to reconnect the popup should be gone for good.
not connected to any wi-fi source. I live in an apartment building in NYC, so I can't connect to a wi-fi source as everything that comes up is password protected. I updated the Nav version, but I still get the pop-up asking if i want to connect to a wi-fi source. My concern is can I overwrite the downloaded version from this blog with the official one from Ford? don't want to screw anything up.

16RRGT

Roush Phase 1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT; 85, 69 Camaro, 2000 F350 Dsl Dually
So then can we officially confirm that the non-nav link on page 1 in fact still is build 17194 and not 17276, and that only the nav version is available so far?
Well, the way I found out was I downloaded the file, reset my radio, installed the file and everything was the same (including the wifi popup) and then I checked the build number, which was 17194.

So, yup.

Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Well, the way I found out was I downloaded the file, reset my radio, installed the file and everything was the same (including the wifi popup) and then I checked the build number, which was 17194.

So, yup.
Looks like it's the waiting game for us! :frusty:

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I just successfully updated on a Nav radio. Did a Master Reset and turned off the WiFi and Bluetooth. I plugged the USB into the USB slot in the front of the console below the dash (area closest to the shifter). That didn't work and my USB had a red light indicator where it just stay solid. So I plugged it into the USB port in the armrest compartment. Started blinking right away and waited about 5 minutes before the updating message appeared.

FurlongsPerPint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP . Shadow Black
The Non-nav doesn't work. The autoinstall.lst header looks like this:

Code:
; Gen 3 - Assembly Update - NonNav/NEU - 17194

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.17194_PRODUCT]
Of course, I should have looked at that and read all 244 pages of this thread before proceeding, but saw the new date and figured it was legit.

Was doing the update until I received this error during what was supposed to be the 2nd part: "Installation Failed, Error Code: MEM_ERR03"

What I did accomplish was trashing Gracenotes (No version shown) and now my Sync 3 claims Version 2.2 Build 16280. Which is weird, because it was Version 2.2 Build 17194 before I started with this.

Remove the link to that non-nav v3.0 until it's points to something sane, because it looks like a crap update that someone went in and just edited the header of autoinstall.lst. Plus, it seems to be screwing up systems.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
not connected to any wi-fi source. I live in an apartment building in NYC, so I can't connect to a wi-fi source as everything that comes up is password protected. I updated the Nav version, but I still get the pop-up asking if i want to connect to a wi-fi source. My concern is can I overwrite the downloaded version from this blog with the official one from Ford? don't want to screw anything up.
What I would do is drive up close to a Starbucks and connect to their WiFi to see if that stops the pop ups.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP

Code:

Of course, I should have looked at that and read all 244 pages of this thread before proceeding, but saw the new date and figured it was legit.

Was doing the update until I received this error during what was supposed to be the 2nd part: "Installation Failed, Error Code: MEM_ERR03"

What I did accomplish was trashing Gracenotes (No version shown) and now my Sync 3 claims Version 2.2 Build 16280. Which is weird, because it was Version 2.2 Build 17194 before I started with this.

Remove the link to that non-nav v3.0 until it's points to something sane, because it looks like a crap update that someone went in and just edited the header of autoinstall.lst. Plus, it seems to be screwing up systems.

I would use your phone as a hotspot and connect via that.

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
I have been hopping WI-FI networks in my car ever since 17194 was released, The pop-up still shows up every time I start up my car. Just hoping for the non-nav 17276 to appear soon

Theocoog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

Code:

[MENTION=32429]FurlongsPerPint[/MENTION] I joined this forum to subscribe to this thread and I'm sorry to hear your update didn't go well, but I'm relieved that I'm not alone!

I had a similar experience to yours. I also used the non-nav download in the first post, thinking it was Build 17276, but in my case the the installation completed. I was installing it over a working version of Build 17194 and I ended up with the same build number - 17194.

But now I get the wifi popup every time I start my vehicle and Gracenote is trashed - doesn't show any version number! I've tried leaving the truck connected to wifi for 2 hours and that didn't help at all - the popup is still there and Gracenote isn't.

I spent about 6 hours trying allegedly different versions of the non-nav 17276 with the same result. :headbonk: I finally decided to look at the autoinstall.lst and it looks just what you posted - 17194.

But at least I've learned to check the autoinstall file for the build number and file sizes, and not trust the link that is posted on various forums.

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
...it looks like a crap update that someone went in and just edited the header of autoinstall.lst. Plus, it seems to be screwing up systems.
While I don't recommend going to 3.0 until it is released by Ford, it is worth pointing out that the update files don't work this way.

You can modify the .lst file to make it extract/run just about any tarball you want it to, but the tarballs are encrypted with a keypair by QNX. Modification of the tarballs would obliterate the checksums and the system would refuse to run the "corrupted" update.

If you try to run the nav update on a non-nav system, the update is coded to check the hardware. It would simply tell you to use the "other" version.
Sponsored