Sponsored

ProCharger Surge at ~2500 RPM - Need Help!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Remote tuned or dyno? I just spoke to Rob a week ago and he said he's never had a surge issue with his tunes and the PC. I may use him or Adam at Rev Auto to get the tune dialed in.
Remote tune. Went through a few revisions to get it dialed in, but even his base tune was perfect from a driveability/none surging standpoint. I will continue to use Rob for my future tuning needs.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Holy shit I never new all these procharger kits were sold or getting sold just because of surging issue.It has to be something about the design of the kit because u don't hear many Paxton or vortec guys taking about it.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Hmm... I do tend to see Lund as the common factor amongst all the people with the surge issues wether it’s dyno or remote tune.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Hmm... I do tend to see Lund as the common factor amongst all the people with the surge issues wether it’s dyno or remote tune.
A large majority of people in general are tuned by Lund so that doesn't tell the story.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
A large majority of people in general are tuned by Lund so that doesn't tell the story.
I’m referring to this specific surge issue with the procharger. Nothing else. A large majority of people have surge issues and are tuned by Lund. While others haves fixed their issue by changing tuners.

Sponsored

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I've seen feedback on "canned tunes" that surge. But does anyone else with a custom dyno tune from anyone other than Lund have this surging problem? It seems to me that the common thing between the custom dyno tuned cars with surging problems is Lund.
I've also see a number of people with the problem who had someone else do a dyno tune fix the problem. I'm really surprised by this as I know Lund is revered as a tuner. I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and get a new custom tune from someone else. I'd also hate to pay again and then not have the problem fixed when it's all said and done. I'd love to post that Lund found and addressed the problem and it's hard for me to believe that another tuner could figure out what Lund can't.
Mine is a remote tune by Lund, not canned

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Just realized that my PC surge was due to a pcv hose that shook off, replaced the hose and clamped on tight, solved. Hope this helps

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Just realized that my PC surge was due to a pcv hose that shook off, replaced the hose and clamped on tight, solved. Hope this helps
I’ll double check hoses.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Yea, I didn't see it until I pulled off my bumper to install the hurricane inlet pipe

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Yea, I didn't see it until I pulled off my bumper to install the hurricane inlet pipe
Where was the hose you had to replace?

Sponsored

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
It was behind the bumper, connected to the inlet pipe. The brass Barb fitting connect

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Posting this here so I can follow thru and leave info as well as others have done in the past....

This morning on the way to work I gave the car a bit of gas while trying to pass (maybe 30-40% throttle, enough for trans to downshift) and the car surged (the whole nose up and down thing a couple times, nothing too violent). I let off the throttle and continued to work. As I approached the job I gave it enough gas to get it to downshift at around 40-50mph and it did it again. I will log it and send it to lund to see what he thinks. Ive had the blower for ~5000 miles now, have never felt this. Car is a P1sc stage 2, BAP, ID1000, GT350 manifold, exhaust. I have another tune I can try and test to duplicate the issue. Will check back when I know more.

- Last mod was last week which was adding cat deletes to my longtube setup which Lund said no revision would be necessary for.
- Last time I went WOT was last night, no issues.
- No codes on Ngauge, no CEL.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Posting this here so I can follow thru and leave info as well as others have done in the past....

This morning on the way to work I gave the car a bit of gas while trying to pass (maybe 30-40% throttle, enough for trans to downshift) and the car surged (the whole nose up and down thing a couple times, nothing too violent). I let off the throttle and continued to work. As I approached the job I gave it enough gas to get it to downshift at around 40-50mph and it did it again. I will log it and send it to lund to see what he thinks. Ive had the blower for ~5000 miles now, have never felt this. Car is a P1sc stage 2, BAP, ID1000, GT350 manifold, exhaust. I have another tune I can try and test to duplicate the issue. Will check back when I know more.

- Last mod was last week which was adding cat deletes to my longtube setup which Lund said no revision would be necessary for.
- Last time I went WOT was last night, no issues.
- No codes on Ngauge, no CEL.

Looking forward to seeing what Lund comes up with.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
This is the EXACT issue I had. I gave up and did a Whipple. Zero issues since.
I’m going to get a dyno tune with rev auto and hope that fixes the issue.
Sponsored