Sponsored

convertible wind deflector

Earthdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Silly question but does the love my drive do anything for you when the temperature gets a little hot? Does it keep in air conditioner better or only keep the wind down? I get in the fall and spring it can allow one to drop the top sooner due to keeping the wind down and the temperature manageable.
Actually I can answer this and I don't care if you buy mine or not. Yes it helps maintain cabin temperature.

I just drove to Destin Florida and when it was hot outside the AC was maintained much better by the reduced airflow. One night we had had a heavy rain earlier and it was very cool for the beach. My wife was complaining all we did is flip up the screen and she immediately remarked it made such difference.

Just my recent experience. I really think it helps.
Sponsored

parajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convert
It does make a difference. Yesterday i drove across FL on I 10. 85 degrees and sunny. Top down with love my drive and windows up. I was going 80+mph. I had the vents pointed partly down and fan on 6-7. Nice cool stream blowing on me. Very little air movement in the middle of the cabin.
Without the windscreen, there is so much air buffeting in the cabin that any air conditioning would get blown out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT
I am interested in something like this, but usually have my dog in the back. Is there a way not to have it cover the rear seats?

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I am interested in something like this, but usually have my dog in the back. Is there a way not to have it cover the rear seats?
YOu can cut a part of the net. Although i don t know what will happen to the wind flow after

Sponsored

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red
New 18on order, would love to get the Love my Ride windscreen.... but.... My seat would be back all the way and tilted back. Am worried the seat or headrest would be hitting the screen causing wear or possible not fitting.Iam 6’4” tall. Has anybody had a problem with this.

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
I’m 6’6” tall and have the seat all the way back, no issues with the :Ford: one in my ‘17 vert

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
New 18on order, would love to get the Love my Ride windscreen.... but.... My seat would be back all the way and tilted back. Am worried the seat or headrest would be hitting the screen causing wear or possible not fitting.Iam 6’4” tall. Has anybody had a problem with this.
I don't drive with the seat all the way back... only 6' tall lol. But I do have easy entry/exit enabled, so my seat goes all the way back upon exit. I have no issues with the seat hitting the "Love the Drive" deflector. :D

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
I am 6’ 2” have some clearance.

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red
Love the ride just put out a video for tall drivers....... interesting video. They recommend the light bar version for people that put the seat back all the way and then recline the seat

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Love the ride just put out a video for tall drivers....... interesting video. They recommend the light bar version for people that put the seat back all the way and then recline the seat
That is interesting. FYI, 6'3 and no issues but I don't recline that far back.

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Sorry, have not been on here much lately. To answer some questions about how I made the back seat cover.... here are some pics as I did it. I used cardboard to form a template - on the back side, I form fit it around the seat contours and made extensions that fit into the rear seat belt openings. On the front side, I contoured the template to slide into the front seat belt openings and onto the back of the seats. I used the template to trace onto thin plywood and cut it out.

Initially, I intended to make it so that it could fold and fit in my trunk - so I cut the wood into two separate parts so that I could hinge them. I backed off of this plan and just connected to the two parts together.

I covered it with fabric that speaker makers use to build those sub boxes. Available from many suppliers online.

All told, it cost maybe $50 and 1/2 a day.

If I had to do it over again, I would use a thicker wood - and make the parts that slide into the seatbelt openings of metal.

As for the ability to move the seats, you can move them - but I really the only driver so, I don't move them. Plus it is a detterent for my wife to drive my car so I win.
Was driving with dad yesterday and he noticed how bad it was with the top down around 50F.

I was just going to make a frame out of copper or aluminum pipe and stretch window screen mesh across it but this looks much better.

If it stops raining this weekend, I'm going to give this a try.

Good job.

Are you worried about it flying off at speed? Do you secure it down some way? Looks like it just rests on top of the back of the front seats / wedged into the top of the seat belt on the back seats.

parajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convert
No worries about it flying off. There are straps underneath that attach to the back seat. Been at 110mph+ and its all secure. :D

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I have the European one fitted to my vert - very pleased with how well it works and how clean it looks, a far neater install than the Love The Drive one.

I'm 6'8" and have no issues with seat travel with it down or up.
Sponsored