Sponsored

Krona Cat-Back Review

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Congrats! I'm so giddy to drive my car just to and from work with the kit, that's how much I like it. I hope you find it as enjoyable. Just a heads up I still have 70mph drone - not sure about anyone else, but honestly I'm so used to the kit now I find myself inducing it so I can hear it more haha.
Maybe this is a rattle or fitment or it rubbing on something?

I hope there is no drone in that mph range as that is my highway wheelhouse and sounds set me off easy.
Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Maybe this is a rattle or fitment or it rubbing on something?

I hope there is no drone in that mph range as that is my highway wheelhouse and sounds set me off easy.
Nah it's not contacting anything under the car. Pulling hills or passing at 70mph, especially after the system is worn in (I have 200 miles on it now), the drone is subsiding with literally each day. I've read that about this kit too, that after a few hundred miles it quiets down some. I'll explain exactly what I mean if you're concerned. So rolling into it, or pulling hills at 70mph it's really bassy in the cabin, and it drones yes but not like muscle cars of old with cherry bombs on them where every mile is ear splitting. You will have to judge for yourself if you like it or not. I'm not sure where you live, but where I live there are many long hills, so I hear the exhaust more. Personally I actually enjoy that deep bassy torque pull up a hill. Put it on a straight and flat road and it's barely audible (to me) at any highway speed. I think just at 70mph it hits that perfect RPM wit the 3.73 gears where you can induce drone easily. I'll try to take a vid on the way home tonight, not sure if I own anything that will pick up the sound I am describing.

OP
OP
Brostang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
I had definite exhaust noise at 70 when on the freeway, but not what I would call drone. It wasn't resonating through the structure of the car amplifying the sound. Just audible exhaust tone. This system is louder than advertised, but it was never invasive to me. Load from driving uphill or trying to pass without downshifting will exacerbate what you're experiencing.

Man, every time I see a reply to this thread I start missing my GT for the Krona sound. Don't tell the 350 forum :doh:

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Its relatively flat here on Long Island so i dont think ill be experiencing much on hills. The stock exhaust starts to be present at 70 or so, so that must just be similar.

Blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT basic w/pp pkg
Drone

Congrats! I'm so giddy to drive my car just to and from work with the kit, that's how much I like it. I hope you find it as enjoyable. Just a heads up I still have 70mph drone - not sure about anyone else, but honestly I'm so used to the kit now I find myself inducing it so I can hear it more haha.
I have drone also at 70mph in 6th gear. No drone at 70mph in 5th gear.
Very little on flat roads. Can't confirm drone at speeds above that.
I guess operating conditions factor in for exhaust mods as well as preference.
I recently installed the pp2 and the exhaust lose some volume. I'm sad. ( lol)

Sponsored

Edgar_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have been running the Krona Headers for a couple months now, have around 5000 miles on them and love them, haven't had any issues or anything, its a very clean set up and great fitment. Paired with the Krona cat-back its a great system. The band clamp design works a lot better and looks a lot cleaner. this is the third set of headers that i have put on my car and so far i am very impressed!

Edgar_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hahaha I knew someone would ask. I started out with 1 3/4 inch headers, added a VMP supercharger then went to 1 7/8 headers. The first set of 1 7/8 headers I was getting false Knock due to the headers running on the body on the passenger side. That’s when I went with the Krona headers. Cleaner set up, no more knock.
Sponsored