Sponsored

P0390 and P0394 After OPG/TS Install

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Hoping this is a simple wire problem or something. Getting these codes, car runs and drives perfect, I've done several crank relearns but to no avail, codes pop as soon as I start it. Any help on how to diagnose? Have read alternator maybe, had a hell of a time getting the 10 rib pulley on but don't think I could have damaged it, seems to charge ok.
Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Those refer to bank 2 camshaft position sensor and it being intermittent. More likely a sensor or wire issue than alternator issue as you just had it apart. Make sure you have the clips locked and no physical damage.

Video shows location. Ignore that he does call the brake reservoir the power steering reservoir.

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Thanks I will check on this tonight. Just to confirm though Bank 2 is drivers side? Always thought it was passenger side.

I know I had a decent gas leak for a few minutes that would have been right above the connectors, also had a hell of a time removing the wiring harness at the back of the valve cover, could have torn something.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
My friend had the same codes when he screwed his timing - but his car was running like crap, shaking like a pinball machine and stalling...so not your case, right?

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
My friend had the same codes when he screwed his timing - but his car was running like crap, shaking like a pinball machine and stalling...so not your case, right?
Yea I thought the same thing but runs perfectly normal.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Plug the connectors in the back of the intake manifold in correctly?

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Well it's got a Whipple on it now so all IMRC hookups are just tucked away, except the one used for the additional ACt sensor the Whipple calibration has. But these codes are for the cam sensor, I'll check those hookups shortly.

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Broken wire, lower sensor on driver side, soldered that sucker and all good. Now I need tires lol
Sponsored