Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi TexasRebel,

Today I connected my phone to my Sync 3 and Android Auto does not show up on my screen. What can I do to get it to work again like it did yesterday?
Everything is set up correctly on phone and Sync3.

Thanks.
was Android Auto setup properly on the phone when first connected?

here's what ford says about AA on 2018 Mustang..requirements:

Minimum requirements:
Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher
Android Auto app downloaded
USB connection via manufacturer’s cable

980x.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Hi there, I am trying to upgrade from Sync 3 version 2.0 built 16074 but no luck. I was trying a 64 Gb 3.0 but the radio says the power surge is too big.
Any step by step instructions that worked for this upgrade? The car (2017 Ecoboost) is NA spec , now in Europe, don't know if it makes any difference.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hi there, I am trying to upgrade from Sync 3 version 2.0 built 16074 but no luck. I was trying a 64 Gb 3.0 but the radio says the power surge is too big.
Any step by step instructions that worked for this upgrade? The car (2017 Ecoboost) is NA spec , now in Europe, don't know if it makes any difference.
Try another drive or the other USB port. I keep my music on a USB drive. I had a drive that got that message when plugged into the arm rest port but it worked fine plugged into the front port. I always thought that was weird since the front is daisy chained from the armrest module. How could it be asking for more power in the base but not the extension? That drive was also a 64GB USB 3. Don't know if it was a problem with the drive or the USB module in the car.

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
Performed the Sync 3 Update on my 2016 GT. So far everything is working, except two minor things...

1) The climate controls now display both seating position's temperature, despite the control mode being marked as "dual". ( On Sync 3 1.0, the passenger temp would disappear if in dual mode.)

2) Lost the speed limit notification on the Sync 3 Nav. This is my biggest downside as i felt it was a nice little feature if no speed limit signs are around.

Has anyone else noticed these things? Solutions?

No issues with Carplay, I did have to go purchase the usb replacement hub.

Thanks!
Yeah for number 1, that is apparently normal now for Sync 3 to display both temperatures if you are in dual. If you adjust the temperature while in dual mode, you'll notice that both of the number displays will decrease or increase.

For number 2, I actually do not have this issue. Sync 3 2.2 has made some changes to the navigation UI (Only thing I notice is that the bottom bar that displays your current road is more transparent) but I still have the speed limit posted to the right. Try driving on some common roads such as an interstate then see if it appears or not. If not, you may need to go to the dealer to have it diagnosed.

Sync 2.2 actually introduced quite a few bit of bugs, you may also notice that your volume knob and buttons lag whenever you adjust them. Another bug you may notice is that the closing splash screen from Sync 1.0 has been removed and been replaced by the welcome splash screen. I do hope Ford sees this and release Sync 2.3 ASAP to fix some of these bugs.

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
This is what it's on my owner page:

"Your previous SYNC software updates
This is your current software update history.

It's possible you have updated SYNC 3 using Wi-Fi within the past week.48 If you aren't sure, here's how to check.

Date Confirmed: Aug 25, 2016 Version: SYNC3 v2.0
Hide details
HB5T-14G381-AJ
The new version contains the following updates:..........."

How can I be on 2.0 and the Ford to say "your sync is up to date" ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hi TexasRebel,

Today I connected my phone to my Sync 3 and Android Auto does not show up on my screen. What can I do to get it to work again like it did yesterday?

Thanks.
Sometimes Sync and AA don't work the first time I plug in my phone. A quick unplug of the USB, wait a few seconds, and then plugging it back in works for me.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Yeah for number 1, that is apparently normal now for Sync 3 to display both temperatures if you are in dual. If you adjust the temperature while in dual mode, you'll notice that both of the number displays will decrease or increase.

For number 2, I actually do not have this issue. Sync 3 2.2 has made some changes to the navigation UI (Only thing I notice is that the bottom bar that displays your current road is more transparent) but I still have the speed limit posted to the right. Try driving on some common roads such as an interstate then see if it appears or not. If not, you may need to go to the dealer to have it diagnosed.

Sync 2.2 actually introduced quite a few bit of bugs, you may also notice that your volume knob and buttons lag whenever you adjust them. Another bug you may notice is that the closing splash screen from Sync 1.0 has been removed and been replaced by the welcome splash screen. I do hope Ford sees this and release Sync 2.3 ASAP to fix some of these bugs.
Speed limit still appears for me; however, in the smaller surface streets the speed limit sign does disappear like it always did for v1.0. I suspect that the residential streets just don't have data. Most of the US or state numbered highways do show the speed limit icon.

Another annoyance with the steering wheel volume controls is that when first adjusting it up after ignition on, it tends to skip to a much higher setting like from 6 to 12. It also bugs me that it shows 0 then refreshes to the current setting. Why don't they make the adjustment and then refresh the display? It never did that on version 1.0.

I do really like the new navigation search logic. The v1.0 was very counter intuitive and difficult to maneuver.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Hi TexasRebel,

Thanks.
I'm not sure. I use CarPlay and it just seems to work. My only gripe is that usually when I plug my phone in and it bumps over to CarPlay music will play for a couple of measures then fade out and pause... No idea why this happens.

I noticed the two seat temps a long long time ago and made mention of it, but nobody else seemed to mind. The trick I learned though is that now you can enable split controls just by adjusting the passenger side temp, then join the controls again by holding the "Auto" button.

I, too, hope they drop an update 2.3 or 2.2.1 or something to clean some of these things up. I've no doubt they rushed 2.2 out due to increased pressure from all of the '16 owners who where promised CP/AA back in Jan '16... It was even a selling point for some to choose '16 over a heavily discounted '15 (I know it was for me). I don't think an auto manufacturer is equipped to live in the live software world. Their software gets heavily tested and debugged before release, stays offline, and is never updated unless a major flaw appears. That's not how the live software world works, but they are too resistant to change.

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
Speed limit still appears for me; however, in the smaller surface streets the speed limit sign does disappear like it always did for v1.0. I suspect that the residential streets just don't have data. Most of the US or state numbered highways do show the speed limit icon.

Another annoyance with the steering wheel volume controls is that when first adjusting it up after ignition on, it tends to skip to a much higher setting like from 6 to 12. It also bugs me that it shows 0 then refreshes to the current setting. Why don't they make the adjustment and then refresh the display? It never did that on version 1.0.

I do really like the new navigation search logic. The v1.0 was very counter intuitive and difficult to maneuver.
Let's just hope Ford optimizes Sync 3 2.3 and ensure that no other bugs or unintended changes occur.

Please Ford, optimize and test your software before you release it to the public. :frusty:

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
just a FYI, one of the differences I personally noticed between build 16280 and 17011 is that the 16280 doesnt show contact profile picture during phone call, v1.0 did, and so does 17011, seems like it was brought back.

Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Does anyone have a link for the latest build version? I used the non-navigation version of the unreleased official build. I can't seem to be able to update to the build version that Ford has released OTA. Going to the Ford my owner's website tells me I'm up to date.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have a link for the latest build version? I used the navigation version of the unreleased official build. I can't seem to be able to update to the build version that Ford has released OTA. Going to the Ford my owner's website tells me I'm up to date.
Build 17011 is on first page

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Build 17011 is on first page
Seem to be getting errors when loading those links. They both say

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error><Code>BlobNotFound</Code><Message>The specified blob does not exist.
RequestId:7627113e-0001-0135-40d7-190ce4000000
Time:2017-08-20T17:10:23.3601297Z</Message></Error>