Sponsored

Trim around top peeling

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Does anyone else have this problem? The trim around the convertible top near the trunk is peeling off on its surface. I have replaced it once under warranty and now it is doing it again. The attached picture shows an area of the damage near where the seam in the convertible top meats the trim. It did not photograph well and really can be felt more than seen. Any ideas as to why this would be happening?
IMG_2697.JPG
Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I have the same problem on mine. Was going to take it in for warranty but don't trust the dealers around here. Now that I know this happened again on your replacement, I definitely will not take it. :mad:

JocoRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EcoBoost Convert
Does anyone else have this problem? The trim around the convertible top near the trunk is peeling off on its surface. I have replaced it once under warranty and now it is doing it again. The attached picture shows an area of the damage near where the seam in the convertible top meats the trim. It did not photograph well and really can be felt more than seen. Any ideas as to why this would be happening?
Same thing happened on my 3 month old '17 eco vert. Took it to Palmetto Ford in Charleston, they replaced the whole thing and it looks way better. it was coming off on the drivers side. The current dealership repair is spot on.

It almost looks as though your trunk and body panels are a bit off?

Joe

painoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Vert
Pissed off

Took mine in for the peeling molding around trunk, rear fenders. Dealership looked at it.....told me that they would order the part and setup appt for yesterday. Wife took it in and they couldn't get the new molding to fit properly. They said it was "too cold". It's 50 outside and they had the car inside. Now they want us to come back when it's warm and they will try again. Now I got a car with molding that looks like shit....until it warms up. How much you want to bet they ordered the wrong part. Sad.
Sponsored