Sponsored

Sai Li Fuel System Install

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base coupe
Does it matter where I put these?

On the fuel pressure regulator, do I need to hook up a vac line or can I just plug it?

I screwed them to the metal body behind the plastic side panel.
Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Damn I wish these pics were working.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
GDit I wish I had just installed this myself. The install here looks very simple now that I have seen how things were done on the car, though they were not done in the same way as shown here by the shop. Now I'm having issues with E85 tune going lean on STFT and have pretty much eliminated the tune with back and forth with Lund.

I will post some photos here to see if you guys that know these things can help me out.

http://i.imgur.com/fCHeJtC.jpg Relays were located near the clutch pedal and tie in there instead of back at the fuel pump. Both fuses work the pumps individually and can start and idle the car solo. Indicating to me at least that both pumps are running.

http://i.imgur.com/1PvjBgN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/p6h05gC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v4j8NSs.jpg - Here is one I don't fully follow. This fuse link is running to the relays from what I can tell. Anyone understand this? I was told it triggers both relays.

I have considered pulling all the wires and rerunning the way depicted in the first post.

Additionally, Lund told me to set the regulator at 58psi. The shop has it closer to 63psi. I mentioned that to him and he didn't seem to think that mattered.

Here is the latest log I did last night after testing both relays independently. Lund says AFR is flat, not really trending lean. He said to swap to NGK6500s (on the way) from the Brisk plugs I have and gap at 0.28 due to split in banks up top. He said he doesn't think it is running out of fuel to 7100 but above 7500 he isn't sure bc I stopped at 7300RPM. I don't know how important that is since I seem to only rev to 7300RPM every time but I guess for fuel cut purposes it does matter on an over rev?

http://www.datazap.me/u/venumous/sa...6-17-18-19-20-21&trim=0&tmin=32.55&tmax=44.54

Last edited:

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I don't think there's any way you're running out of fuel. Lund told me on my 1050x with this fuel system that I'd be good to 14-15psi on the paxton with boss mani.

Hopefully my fuel system comes this week and I can install it fri/sat. Can anyone confirm that this comes with a fuel pressure gauge now?

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
It does come with a gauge though mine was broken. Looks like system is working fine after I changed plugs. Have to do some logs tomorrow but I'm thinking it's done. I will say if you come from running Octanium or Torco, toss the plugs.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
It does come with a gauge though mine was broken. Looks like system is working fine after I changed plugs. Have to do some logs tomorrow but I'm thinking it's done. I will say if you come from running Octanium or Torco, toss the plugs.
Wasn't running octanium, but I'm going to pull plugs anyways and see how they look. How long did it take you to get your system? I paypaled him on Wednesday and haven't heard from him since. Earlier Weds he said it'd ship by Friday.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Took maybe 3 days. It's prob on the way.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Hope so. I need to get my car running and was planning on installing Friday.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Side note: if you wanted to drain the tank with a fuel pump tune, would you still unhook the stock connector at the fuel rail? Hard to tell from the pics.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Anyone know what the return line diameter Is? Going to have to rerun mine since the shop cut the thing too short and was so right it was actually causing the false knock by pulling on brake lines, etc.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Anyone know what the return line diameter Is? Going to have to rerun mine since the shop cut the thing too short and was so right it was actually causing the false knock by pulling on brake lines, etc.
I'll let you know tomorrow when I get my kit. Text me and remind me.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Pretty sure it is 6an.

MEsfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
Do i need a retune after the install if im using the same fuel octane?
Sponsored