GT350 dyno in Atlanta...looking to partner on a comparison of stock vs bolt on

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Are there any Atlanta area stock GT350/R owners that have had their car dynoed recently or are willing to do so in the near future? I have a couple of mods that I am throwing on my car soon that do not require a tune that I would like to possibly compare against another stock 350. I am willing to go to the same dyno that was used or go to the dyno along with that individual for a comparison. I want to try to validate the benefit of these two mods as best as possible and don't want to go through a swap in and out on the dyno on the same day if I don't have to. I am putting the parts on prior to the dyno just in case there is a ECM learning process for the two mods.
Reese
Sponsored

Last edited:

Venandakatra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
Are there any Atlanta area stock GT350/R owners that have had their car dynoed recently or are willing to do so in the near future? I have a couple of mods that I am throwing on my car soon that do not require a tune that I would like to possibly compare against another stock 350. I am willing to go to the same dyno that was used or go to the dyno along with that individual for a comparison. I want to try to validate the benefit of these two mods as best as possible and don't want to go through a swap in and out on the dyno on the same day if I don't have to. I am putting the parts on prior to the dyno just in case there is a ECM learning process for the two mods.
Reese
I personally wouldn't consider that to be a valid comparison. It is very likely that one of you could make 5-10+ horsepower more than the other naturally. It could be one engine is happier than the other, or even one of you has slightly better gas in the tank. In either situation, unless you think it is likely that these two mods, whatever they are, are going to make a substantial bump this won't be apples to apples enough to draw valid conclusions from.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The only way to get an accurate dyno comparison is to do before and after. Just because someone pulls 490/360 for an example doesn't mean that yours will also.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Going to make a call today and go another route. Thanks for the feedback.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I have a new 17R that I wanted to baseline prior to some small mods. I am possibly willing to work with you, depending on your schedule. I have been traveling lately and am going OOT next week again. I do not know of a specific dyno shop, but can get recommendations from other Mustang owners at my work. Just got over 1000 break in miles, right before going out to FP school in Utah, so I am ready to track it at AMP. :headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Cool. Probably will not be an apples to apples comparison as other members have pointed out but could be interesting nonetheless. PM me and we can exchange numbers and info.

Money2536

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT350
The better way to do it is to go have a baseline done on your car, then go back after your modifications to measure the delta.

Mine ARH Full Exhaust/Headers, Intake, and Lund Tune. I'm not sure what you plan to do without a tune. You can't do headers or an intake.

33223151723_aa375ce458_b.jpg

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
PMAS sells an intake that does not require a tune. Talked to both PMAS directly and Jay at 1320 Junkie Performance before I made the choice on the no tune required intake. I can always replace the programmed MAF with the stock one in the intake if I decide go to with a tune later. I am going to try to do a before and after.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I saw your video and was impressed with your car. Not going to do headers since, in my humble opinion, the ROI of 15 rear wheel horsepower is not worth the total cost of headers and install.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The numbers under the curve tell the story and there is a significant increase as shown in your attached Dyno graph. I do not expect in any way for any gains acquired from what I am doing to match or exceed yours or anyone else's, just taking a less cost prohibitive route for now and a wait and see approach for anything that Ford may or may not offer in the future. What I am doing, for all intensive purposes, still will maintain my warranty since my ECM will not be touched. If no additional options come to fruition in the next two years, I will then look at going with Lethal off road mid pipes, Reische 170 tstat, and a flex tune and then deal with the warranty issue. Staying n/a so I want to try to squeeze every bit out of it while getting the most bang for the buck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have changed my thinking and will go with headers in the future. With so much to be gained under the curve as shown by the results of Money2536, a custom tune along with a few other changes can get these cars possibly north of 520 rwhp and 420 tq. I saw a Dyno sheet of a header, intake and custom tuned on 93 octane 350 that made 508/418. This project was definitely a path for others to follow. Thank you sir and I retract my previous statement on ROI.
Sponsored