Sponsored

owners Supplement for Sale

Razorsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 2016 Corvette Z06
I sold my ride and the Owners supplement showed up after the sale.

Whats it worth if anything?
Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I also bought and sold a MY 16 base R and got the supplement many months later. Buyer never asked about it. I have no problem asking for money for it, as the deal we made was an exchange of money for the car and a few other items. Very explicit.

Agree that it is really only valuable to the owner of that car, but am also curious to know what it might be worth.

I figured I'd ask a crazy sum (to go with the crazy sum I got for that car) if they ever did ask. This is based on the fact that there is only one such supplement for that car and, to my knowledge, Ford will not produce a replacement supplement. Supply and demand is in my favor here. I was gong to ask for $1K for my precious box of unobtanium. I love capitalism. :D

Let the flaming begin.....

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Not really flaming but more like why kick others when they're down...

They're already paying made up prices, I agree it really will only have value if you have the car and VIN number to match the packet ... why charge more made up prices after the guy already is paying some abstract market value for the car ?

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Due to my short-lived ownership of HR115, I ended up with the kit for HR115. Even though I never took delivery of the car, I paid in full and owned it for a month before the whole thing fell apart (I'm not going to rehash it). So now I have the kit for HR115 as a trophy.

I will gladly offer the kit for HR115 to whoever can prove they bought and own HR115. Not only will I give it to them for free, I'll even pay for shipping.

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Not really flaming but more like why kick others when they're down...

They're already paying made up prices, I agree it really will only have value if you have the car and VIN number to match the packet ... why charge more made up prices after the guy already is paying some abstract market value for the car ?
Well, I simply do not agree with your position (altho I support your right to have it :) ). I do not consider the price I sold my car as a "made up" price. In the end, we all pay what we are willing to pay, which defines what that is worth. The buyer offered me what he was wiling to pay for that car. In this case, due to supply and demand, that number was more than MSRP. For everyday products which are not in limited supply, people generally offer to pay less than MSRP. I believe that MSRP is a "made up" price, primarily based on the fact that the vast majority of cars get sold at a number other than MSRP (than those which do sell at MSRP).

It all boils down to what someone is willing to pay. That is not a "made up price", but to me that defines what the car is actually worth in an open marketplace.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
This is based on the fact that there is only one such supplement for that car and, to my knowledge, Ford will not produce a replacement supplement.
Not necessarily true. Ford reproduced one for me.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I will gladly offer the kit for HR115 to whoever can prove they bought and own HR115. Not only will I give it to them for free, I'll even pay for shipping.
You sir, have it right. Good karma awaits.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Severe douche bag on this thread-- individual will remain nameless in accordance with forum rules.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Due to my short-lived ownership of HR115, I ended up with the kit for HR115. Even though I never took delivery of the car, I paid in full and owned it for a month before the whole thing fell apart (I'm not going to rehash it). So now I have the kit for HR115 as a trophy.

A gentleman and a honest human being:headbang:- thank you!:cheers:

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Severe douche bag on this thread-- individual will remain nameless in accordance with forum rules.
Very nice. Do you go to Berkeley? Your response is consistent with theirs. Total intolerance if it is not YOUR perspective. Have a nice life.

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
Make it a win-win not a win-lose. The kits are bespoke to the vehicle. They should go with it unless the buyer said he doesn't want it - thats what we all would want.

Good job PencilGeek!

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
If you know who bought the car (ie. You didn't trade it into dealer) call them up and offer it, sure he'll love it since usually car guys buy this kind of car. I would have suggested you should keep it since you've paid for it with your new car purchase, but sine you are looking to find its value I am assuming it has no sentimental value to you. It would to the new owner. If you don't know who bought your car then sell it for whatever someone is willing to pay and you're will to accept.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Capitalism. It's worth what someone is willing to pay. I would give it to the owner, but that's just me. Not going to bash someone for trying to make a buck though.
Sponsored