Sponsored

Upgrading to a GT350 Tech spoiler on my GTCS

DeepakGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 J7 California Special
I was wondering if anyone has swapped out their spoiler on their California Special. I came across a GT350 tech package spoiler on local classifieds and it caught my eye and has me wondering if I would need to drill or plug anything or if it is a straight swap. Pic is the advertised spoiler showing the GT350 mounting points.
00t0t_bIQtbtAJYT5_600x450.jpg
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I had a PP car so no spoiler at all but I did recently install the same GT350 Tech spoiler. What I'd recommend is popping the 2 rubber grommets on the underside corners of your trunk as well as the trunk liner to see where the existing hardware is.

FWIW, I hack sawed off the 3 plastic guide pins (if that's what they are) and sanded them down as I didn't want to drill 3 extra holes that seem unnecessary to me ... the 4 bolts are plenty.

Good luck getting the leftover tape residue off, although yours looks much less than mine ... use a heat gun and your thumb/finger and expect a bubble blister the next day. :D

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
The spoiler is two pieces plastic welded together. I separated mine and moved the hardware to where I needed. I then glued it back together.
For removal of the old tape. Spray it with some glass cleaner and use an old rag on your finger. Saves you from the horrible blister you wiould have got.
Mine is held on mostly with double sided tape. No problems so far. :cheers:
Oh yeah. I filled unused previous holes with a silicone using a piece of tape on the underside
IMG_0407.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg
Sponsored