Sponsored

Shave 85lbs off your S550, decrease ETs and increase MPH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Pretty sure Rob ,the fastest NA car on the list runs 15's with the rear drag brakes ..
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I understand the sickness. I'd like to see my 95gt in the 8s before the year is over. I have wilwoods for the 95. Not sure I'd want them on a daily driver.
If you didn't have a goal you wouldn't be a racer, I hope you get the car in the 8s. I agree on these lightweight brakes, they can work, but nothing like the factory brakes. With a 35 % off code, the rears would be worth it to me just to run the 15 " wheel if they work for that. If one is not a serious drag racer, I don't think any aftermarket brakes can be justified or as good as the Ford brakes as far as stopping and longevity on our cars.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
And link to his aerospace rear brake install.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35232
I have made up mind and will be ordering the dual rear brakes .
With the 35% off that's over $400 in savings !
Too good to pass up .
Hope they help my turbo car 60 better. Going to paint them black to match front non PP brakes .

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I'll reply to a few posts when I get into the office

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
85 lbs! A good chunk of that rotating weight. Great info Kelly.:headbang:
You are welcome! :cheers:

I would assume that such large reduction in rotating weight can even be felt in normal driving.
Absolutely. 85lbs of saved weight at the brakes makes for a serious difference.

Nice, how do they compare on the street with the oem 4 piston brakes where stopping power is concerned! Because i hit the track from time to time but im mostly on the street!
I have 7500 miles on the 13" Pro Street Front kit. 100+ hard stops from 140+mph. They are great. My only suggestion is, get the non drilled rotors. My car weighs 3900+lbs too.

Also any concerns with the rear drag kit since they are recommended for cars under 3000 lbs?
I do not know yet. My theory is, the rear "drag" brakes should work fine on my car at 3800~lbs (my target for the new build) since these cars rely primarily on the fronts, which my 13" Aerospace fronts are BEAST.

You really want to be king of the fast list. To drop enough coin to get these bad boys and the 10th they'll shave.
Every little bit helps when trying to go fast. :thumbsup:

Pretty sure Rob ,the fastest NA car on the list runs 15's with the rear drag brakes ..
Correct.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I spoke with Aerospace (or someone selling their stuff?) at the drag event at Commerce and they said these are intended for drag cars, not someone like me who road courses. These, I assume, are not on the car you road course - right?
PP Brembos on the black car, Aerospace on the Blue car. ;)
Dual Trick Pony 1.jpg
FB Profile.jpg

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the replies !
Any thoughts on the dual piston rears helping a turbo build boost ?

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Also what about the shut down on 1/2 and 1 mile events with the duals?

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I just found out today that the rear setup even with the street version is without any parking brake. You have to rig up your own parking brake setup. Not for me, had to cancel the rear brake order. A little bummed but at least I will drop over 50lbs from the fronts. I just can't deal with a nearly brand new manual street car with no working parking brake. The fix was to run a brake line into the car on a button, to press the brake pedal and use the button to hold brake pressure to the rear brakes as a parking brake. Nope, not for me.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another thing that everyone should know (that they do not tell you on the website) is that the front street brakes do not work with the factory brake lines! Found this out the hard way today when they came in. I will have to send them some new stock front brake lines for them to make adaptors or something for me to put them on while still retaining the ability to put the PP brakes back on if I choose. This is also costing me another $150-200 that I did not expect for them to make them. I just don't understand why they would not mention fronts require custom lines (not included) and rears do not retain the parking brake on the website before purchase!!!!!

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The threads on the calipers are different then the stock banjo fittings. They don't say anything on the website that I noticed about it. They wait till you get them and read it in the instructions that you need custom lines or adaptors of some sort. He did offer to modify my stock ones when I called about it for $150 plus buying new ones to ship to them. FML
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.