Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
A CAI will not affect your warranty. Nor will a catback exhaust. The only exception to this is any issues directly related to the CAI and Catback exhaust themselves.
Well I can only say what Ford has told me. They said yes to cat backs are no problem but solidly emphasised that CAI voids your warranty. I am not prepared to argue the toss with them to try and prove they are wrong when something unrelated goes wrong with the motor. I checked at two dealers and got the same answer. So my question is, how do you back your claim that it does not void warranties? I only ask because people should not take contrary advice unless such advice is 100% authenticated. In my case, its the Ford Dealership advice so thats what I am going by. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Hi King

We are a Borla Appointed Distributor in Australia and sell Borla Exhaust systems to numerous dealers throughout Australia. There are no warranty issues in fitting either the Borla Catback or Axle Back systems.

Borla also manufacture the systems for Ford Performance again no warranty issues.

If you require any further info call me on 03 9553 6915 or email [email protected] Cheers Fred

thanks.. paddle shift is another good one, also considering the black 50 badges.

any ideas how i can buy them..i need to find out if they delivery to hotels.

hmm thanks for the tip with the CAI.. any ideas on warranty with a catback exhaust ?

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Hi King

We sell Borla Exhaust systems to numerous dealers throughout Australia and there are no warranty issues in fitting either the Borla Catback or Axle Back systems.

Borla also manufacture the systems for Ford Performance again no warranty issues.

If you require any further info call me on 03 9553 6915 or email [email protected] Cheers Fred
Hey Fred, I went with the Ford Performance quad tip by Borla and with a Mishimoto H Pipe and WOW... What an amazing exhaust setup. The sound is amazing and not annoying at all. In normal mode at 60kmh it just burbles along and when you switch up to sports+ and get on it, wholly dooly... She wakes up and turns heads instantly....!!! :headbang:

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
*Double Post from the DRL post*

Hello Sydneysiders, just wanted to share that if you are interested in getting your DRL done, please check out That Headlight Guy in Facebook (see his work on the Mustang DRL below).
https://www.facebook.com/thatheadlightguy/videos/1321748411193785/

Glad to see someone in Sydney who is doing this.

PM him for more info there if you are interested.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Don't forget guys Jamie from Loudz is coming to Sydney in the next 2 -3 months. Personally I wouldn't trust anyone else to work on the headlights. Case proven, I drove to Adelaide from Sydney to get it done!

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
^^^not sure but seen an EB at a s550 mustang cruise we had a few months ago

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Opened Up The Air Intake in Front Grill

I don't know if you guys have noticed but a number of the black plastic hexagonals on the far left of the grill (from a drivers perspective)do not have a hole in them. These are exactly where the air intake for my CAI is (and I believe for the old air intake are). I grabbed a 12mm drill and drilled out the plastic blocking the airflow and then a made the inside shape hexagonal again with a small flat file. Perfect job that you cant see even upon close inspection.

This must have allowed a greater area for uninterrupted air flow in the vicinity of 50square mm's, or for those who like something more relevant to relate to about the size of the bottom of a middy or schooner glass (depending on your state).

I don't believe it is just the cold weather or my imagination but the car seemed to immediately have more punch and the temp of the intake air has been cooler since this minor mod.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but there is a reason better airflow leads to better performance and I definitely feel an improvement. Get drilling and filing I say!

Cheers,
Phil

Sponsored

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I don't know if you guys have noticed but a number of the black plastic hexagonals on the far left of the grill (from a drivers perspective)do not have a hole in them. These are exactly where the air intake for my CAI is (and I believe for the old air intake are). I grabbed a 12mm drill and drilled out the plastic blocking the airflow and then a made the inside shape hexagonal again with a small flat file. Perfect job that you cant see even upon close inspection.

This must have allowed a greater area for uninterrupted air flow in the vicinity of 50square mm's, or for those who like something more relevant to relate to about the size of the bottom of a middy or schooner glass (depending on your state).

I don't believe it is just the cold weather or my imagination but the car seemed to immediately have more punch and the temp of the intake air has been cooler since this minor mod.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but there is a reason better airflow leads to better performance and I definitely feel an improvement. Get drilling and filing I say!

Cheers,
Phil
Probably the easiest way to tell if the air is colder is the difference between outside air and take air when you have been on the move for a bit of time. Mine is around 4 to 5 degrees difference so if you are getting less than that then you may have an improvement.

Do you recall what yours did before the mod?

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably the easiest way to tell if the air is colder is the difference between outside air and take air when you have been on the move for a bit of time. Mine is around 4 to 5 degrees difference so if you are getting less than that then you may have an improvement.

Do you recall what yours did before the mod?

It seems to be cooler all the time than before, both on the move and in stop start traffic. I figure it just has to have helped with airflow.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS

Cheers,
Phil
No you're not dreaming, quite a number of us in the UK modify the honeycomb, 4 of us are about to do this, this weekend. The supplier of the CAI, JLT, (Dreamscience) and the Velossa big mouth actually advises to cut the whole 'quadrant' out. We won't be doing this though, just the honeycomb for aesthetics.

We are installing tunes as well.

The greater the air flow, the better :thumbsup:

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No you're not dreaming, quite a number of us in the UK modify the honeycomb, 4 of us are about to do this, this weekend. The supplier of the CAI, JLT, (Dreamscience) and the Velossa big mouth actually advises to cut the whole 'quadrant' out. We won't be doing this though, just the honeycomb for aesthetics.

We are installing tunes as well.

The greater the air flow, the better :thumbsup:

Good to hear. It made perfect sense to me. Maybe Ford didn't want bugs to shoot straight into the air intake or filter, but with a big CAI, you can see it all the time and just clean it. And with a small file to shape the holes to a hex shape you can't tell that it has been modified. Interested to know if the Shelby GT 350 has a different treatment for this part of the grill as if I'm not mistaken it comes standard with a CAI.
Update: Just checked the GT350 grill, it comes with that part of the grill with all the honeycomb cells opened up. The other side is closed cells. Must mean something.

Last edited: