Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I'm running cobb stage 3 with mishimoto intercooler and charge pipe and ther catted down pipe ..i did see a big difference from stage 1 to 3 .. I really didn't give stage 2 much of a try but I'm going to now.. started having issues with the catted downpipe because my car is lowered and I hi speeds bottoming out and a little bit of Damages happen to the down pipe.. going back to Stage 2..
Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I'm running cobb stage 3 with mishimoto intercooler and charge pipe and ther catted down pipe ..i did see a big difference from stage 1 to 3 .. I really didn't give stage 2 much of a try but I'm going to now.. started having issues with the catted downpipe because my car is lowered and I hi speeds bottoming out and a little bit of Damages happen to the down pipe.. going back to Stage 2..
I see... But I don't have that the downpipe or charge pipe.... So I should stay with Stage 1 until I get those parts?

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Yes I would stay with stage one .. to be honest I think we're all better off staying with a mild tune ...thes engines and not proving themself for longevity at high horsepower without internal strengthening.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I would stay with stage one .. to be honest I think we're all better off staying with a mild tune ...thes engines and not proving themself for longevity at high horsepower without internal strengthening.
That's what I was thinking... I guess you can go with a Adam Tune since they do it safe and within limits. Maybe I'll just stay in Stage 1 and move on to a custom Tune from Adam. Not planning to create my car into a power house either. Just don't want to be bone stock either. So I think I will stop here with the IC @Stage 1.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^^^ Do that. That's what I did. Adam is the best (and safest) way to go.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Based on the number of blown engines many wouldn't agree with your assessment.

The safest tunes come from Livernois and Lund, based on the lack of blown engines.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The safest tunes come from Livernois and Lund, based on the lack of blown engines.
The blown engines I want to assume is coming from someone who installed more than what I described as my setup? OR literally a careless Tune? I haven't heard of Livernois and Lund, but share the links where I can look them up and see if I can read up on it. Do they have custom map tunes that work with the Cobb?

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You did a one time custom Tune through Alex? I don't plan to be updating to more than one custom Tune after the IC install. The unlimited Tune cost from Alex is $300 which seems a bit costly. Heck even for just one custom Tune is a bit expensive. Don't get me wrong, I know it requires a lot of programming and stability, but considering they do this a lot, they should be experts in it and shouldn't rip ppl off lol.

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
[MENTION=29553]BoosTang23T[/MENTION] you cannot be sure for anything, many people think that if you put also parallel ECU, you will get more power, others also are tightening the WG and increasing the boost.
While you have filter and intercooler (the brand does not matter), you can put Stage 2 (I am running more than 6 months on stage 2 with K&N filter and Mishimoto FMIC)

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=29553]BoosTang23T[/MENTION] you cannot be sure for anything, many people think that if you put also parallel ECU, you will get more power, others also are tightening the WG and increasing the boost.
While you have filter and intercooler (the brand does not matter), you can put Stage 2 (I am running more than 6 months on stage 2 with K&N filter and Mishimoto FMIC)
I can do Stage 2, I just saw that someone mentioned it was pointless and that more performance was seen on Stage 1 rather than Stage 2 for whatever reason. Reason I was asking. I am going to try it anyways, but if someone has some data to prove Stage 1 vs Stage 2 with same setup, it would be awesome.

Sponsored

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You cannot be sure, maybe the car that someone tried was not filled with good quality fuel or the car needed some km for adaptation.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You cannot be sure, maybe the car that someone tried was not filled with good quality fuel or the car needed some km for adaptation.
When I did Stage 1 the octane calibration to -1.00 when really fast so fuel for me won't be the issue. I'll try it out. thanks for the feedback/suggestion.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
You did a one time custom Tune through Alex? I don't plan to be updating to more than one custom Tune after the IC install. The unlimited Tune cost from Alex is $300 which seems a bit costly. Heck even for just one custom Tune is a bit expensive. Don't get me wrong, I know it requires a lot of programming and stability, but considering they do this a lot, they should be experts in it and shouldn't rip ppl off lol.
After I installed the catback exhaust and the intercooler, I run Cobb Stage I for a while and then Stage II. To be honest I felt that Stage I performed better.

I decided to go with Adam after reading so many positive comments about his work. This guy is an expert in EcoBoost. The result was night and day compared to Cobb Stage I or II! See my comment here (post 486) to get an idea: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34254&page=33

Yes, I purchased a Single Tune, as I am not planning on modifying further my car, at least for the time being. I think it's worth investing on an e-Tune from Adam.

Hope this helps.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
That's also true. I only run Stage 2 for a little while, so maybe this is why I felt that Stage 1 performed better.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic

:headbonk:

Guess the OEM Ford tune and the Ford FRPP tune is unsafe as well, you know seeing as Ford has the most engine failures.
Sponsored