Sponsored

Decide my fate: Ford Racing by Borla Touring vs Sport Catback Exhaust

Which catback exhaust system would you choose?

• Ford Racing by Borla Touring Catback

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Ford Racing by Borla Sport Catback

Votes: 44 33.6%
  • Other -- you can do better.

Votes: 40 30.5%

• Total voters

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Buying a new exhaust and I'm being totally indecisive.

I have three criteria:
  1. I want to be more aggressive than stock.
  2. I live in a part of LA where the police can be OCD.
  3. I want to be able to cruise on the highway without my wife hating me.
I've read a ton of threads on the FRPP by Borla platform and still can't make up my mind. Therefore, I'd like to launch an INTERNET POLL to decide my fate.

Comments are also appreciated.
Sponsored

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

I have three criteria:
I've read a ton of threads on the FRPP by Borla platform and still can't make up my mind. Therefore, I'd like to launch an INTERNET POLL to decide my fate.

I'm a Corsa fanboy. I switched to Corsa some years back on all my American V8 cars and never looked back. For instance I've ran the Sport setup on my daily G8 GT back in the day and that was great. Drone is a big issue on those due to DOD cylinder deactivation and Corsa was perfect at killing drone. I run the Xtreme on my mustang today and it's great too, but loud.

I would say if you want best on the highway it's hard to beat Corsa, they just don't drone, even with long tube on my daily G8 it didn't drone. As far as volume just pick your decibel level from their lineup. Xtreme is loud as hell, but again drone free.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a Corsa fanboy. I switched to Corsa some years back on all my American V8 cars and never looked back. For instance I've ran the Sport setup on my daily G8 GT back in the day and that was great. Drone is a big issue on those due to DOD cylinder deactivation and Corsa was perfect at killing drone. I run the Xtreme on my mustang today and it's great too, but loud.

I would say if you want best on the highway it's hard to beat Corsa, they just don't drone, even with long tube on my daily G8 it didn't drone. As far as volume just pick your decibel level from their lineup. Xtreme is loud as hell, but again drone free.
+1 more for Corsa.

Silent on the highway, very manageable/quiet when going slow, but nice aggressive tone when you want. If you want just a little more loud than stock, the Touring axleback is the way to go. If you want catback, the Sport is a good solid step up or two in volume, but not too loud at all. A friend of mine (he's 49) just installed the Sport catback and was worried his wife wouldn't like it because it would be too loud, but she loves it. Only loud when you want it.

If you prefer the tone of the FRPP, I'd go Touring. Slightly deeper tone and still significantly louder than stock, but without drone or loudness on the highway. I know that the Borla systems do not drone, but you will hear a low hum of the exhaust when at cruise speed. The Corsa's are just as quiet as stock on the highway, with the exception of the Xtreme.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
didnt take long for the corsa fanboys to show up!

all the borlas don't drone either, im running full 3" s-types they sound perfect to me but all sound is subjective..you living in cali you should prob find one of the quieter setups, the FRPP touring is a good choice

Reactions: 113

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

I have three criteria:

Touring.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Aurum

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My reservation with the Touring is that it'll be too soft for the price.

I know the x-pipe prevents any system from being too quiet but I'm trying to avoid being one of those guys who sells a slightly used catback system on the forums a week after pulling the trigger. :)

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
The Ford racing touring by Borla is the same volume wise as the Borla S-type in case you need another data point. It really comes down to how loud you want it. The Ford Racing Sport can really scream at WOT, almost at the level of the Borla Atak. If you're worried at all about cops, I'd say go with the touring so they don't have any reason to bother you.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My reservation with the Touring is that it'll be too soft for the price.

I know the x-pipe prevents any system from being too quiet but I'm trying to avoid being one of those guys who sells a slightly used catback system on the forums a week after pulling the trigger. :)
General consensus I've found from this forum and YouTube is that the Touring is perfect DD volume for those that don't want just LOUD. Some have also remarked that it is louder than expected.

[ame]
[ame]
[ame]
[ame]

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
And then of course there's this good comparo:
[ame]

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
To be fair, FRPP Touring is my 2nd favorite and would never turn it down.
I got my FRPP touring installed two weeks ago...couldn't be happier. Nice bassy muscle car tone, decent volume for DD, quite a bit louder and meaner than stock. It is not the bassiest exhaust ever, but it doesn't drone or resonate the whole cabin, definitely "big" sounding. More of a modern muscle car sounds than a oldies push rod sounds, IMO. I got the FRPP touring axle back plus a summit racing x pipe.

I could have gotten the summit h pipe for more burbly, pop and crackle action...but I finally made the decision to accept the car for what it is and not try to make it sound and behave old for no reason.

Thanks to [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] for helping me choose a good exhaust system and pointing out products to get away from. You don't want to buy stuff and then get rid of it a week later, and repeat the cycle over and over. This is expensive stuff...don't buy the cheapest just because, be sure of what you want, and seek out opinions on forums or see local cars for reference.

I recommend the FRPP touring...either axle back plus x pipe or the catback, it's good stuff. I'm not a fanboy or anything like that, in fact, I had researched plenty of other (cheaper) systems. The other tested and proven setup that I liked was the 11 gt500 mufflers (which require some fabrication).

ACR2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/PP
+1 for corsa. I have the Corsa sport catback and I live in sacramento no problem from the law. Loud when you want it, quiet when you want it with no drone.

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I have the Ford Racing Touring and love it. Sometimes I wish it was louder but it's plenty loud. Love the sound!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I got my FRPP touring installed two weeks ago...couldn't be happier. Nice bassy muscle car tone, decent volume for DD, quite a bit louder and meaner than stock. It is not the bassiest exhaust ever, but it doesn't drone or resonate the whole cabin, definitely "big" sounding. More of a modern muscle car sounds than a oldies push rod sounds, IMO. I got the FRPP touring axle back plus a summit racing x pipe.

I could have gotten the summit h pipe for more burbly, pop and crackle action...but I finally made the decision to accept the car for what it is and not try to make it sound and behave old for no reason.

Thanks to [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] for helping me choose a good exhaust system and pointing out products to get away from. You don't want to buy stuff and then get rid of it a week later, and repeat the cycle over and over. This is expensive stuff...don't buy the cheapest just because, be sure of what you want, and seek out opinions on forums or see local cars for reference.

I recommend the FRPP touring...either axle back plus x pipe or the catback, it's good stuff. I'm not a fanboy or anything like that, in fact, I had researched plenty of other (cheaper) systems. The other tested and proven setup that I liked was the 11 gt500 mufflers (which require some fabrication).
I've watched wayyyy too many YT clips and done so much research :lol:. I've also made the mistake on this car of trying to save a few bucks and being disappointed. Yes, the higher end offerings are expensive, but for good reason. I spent approx $600 on my first catback setup and through the magic of luck, grabbed a Corsa Sport axleback for $500 (normally >$900) and paired it with the factory resonator. It's a fantastic sound. The FRPP offerings are too, as is the Borla S-type (a little bit louder than FRPP though).
Sponsored