Sponsored

Best bang for buck supercharger?

KyBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2105 Mustang GT PP
Paxton and outside temperatures

On the fence trying to decide between Paxton and other mods or to go with a Whipple (TBR Black Friday). I commute my 2015 PP summer and winter, when it is not snowing. Paxton's user guide warns not to use the vehicle in temperatures less than 25 degrees F (supercharger damage). Is there a work around for this limitation or should I just go with the Whipple?
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
On the fence trying to decide between Paxton and other mods or to go with a Whipple (TBR Black Friday). I commute my 2015 PP summer and winter, when it is not snowing. Paxton's user guide warns not to use the vehicle in temperatures less than 25 degrees F (supercharger damage). Is there a work around for this limitation or should I just go with the Whipple?
either will be fine,

the important thing is to let the car get up to operating temp before driving, which...should be done all the time, but we live in a fast paced world now

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How is it superior lol? Livernois has a thread where it put down 591/465. I’m sure it’s a decent blower given it was based on the Eaton 2.3 TVS architecture. I just think it’s fugly tbh. You two made this a Paxton hating thread and based on all the facts and data the Magnuson comes up short. Hundreds of members hitting crazy 1/4 miles times and high power #s on anything but the “Maggie”. Whether that be VMP, Whipple, Procharger, or Paxton/Vortechs. You all have a very small cult following and are obviously trying to stay relevant.
I probably seem to be coming off that way. I apologize for essentially attacking the centri crowd. My real point is that although the centris are very powerful, I'm not sure for a true daily driver/street car that they are a better option.

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I probably seem to be coming off that way. I apologize for essentially attacking the centri crowd. My real point is that although the centris are very powerful, I'm not sure for a true daily driver/street car that they are a better option.

Well I started on 3.6 and now on a 3.48 pulley. I’m sure with a stock 3.8 it would be a lot slower/dead till she starts spinning. Mine isn’t a daily driver so most of my seat time is spirited. That and I have a chattering RST and I try and get into the revs asap. 2K rpms is annoying asF with a twin disk.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Have you drove a paxton car? LOL

I find it funny when people trash a different power adder but have never drove a centri or turbo or screw type to be able to compare besides what a dyno graph says.

Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Puts more down than who? Where’s your sheet to prove it? Also as Beefcake stated you can get a Paxton/Vortech kit with smaller injectors for 4800. That’s 700 cheaper than your set up. Not everyone needs their kit installed for them. You’re clearly the only one in this thread upset.
Not upset at all. I said show me a deal with 600 whp install for less than 5500. Hence best deal. You can upgrade to whatever you want just like a Paxton Whipple whatever. Maggy kit has plenty of room for growth if you want. Don’t speak when you don’t know shit

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Profanity and personal attacks aren’t allowed on this forum. Doesn’t exactly make you sound intelligent either.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I’ve never seen an impressive Magnuson car, S197 or S550. Not saying there aren’t any out there, just haven’t seen any personally? Seen many impressive Paxton, Vortech, Procharger, Whipple, Roush, VMP, KB’s, single and twin turbos and nitrous cars though!

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Not upset at all. I said show me a deal with 600 whp install for less than 5500. Hence best deal. You can upgrade to whatever you want just like a Paxton Whipple whatever. Maggy kit has plenty of room for growth if you want. Don’t speak when you don’t know shit
This right here is going to limit your power potential substantially!

Screenshot_20171124_172154.jpg

This has the capability of 700rwhp or slightly above.
This obviously requires further modification than what the above customer's car has done to it. But with the proper combination of parts, there is growth room.
If you are looking to shoot above that, then a Whipple might be the route you would want to head.
"700rwhp or slightly above"... wow so much room to grow with the big bad magnuson.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto

Agreed, it just isn’t a great design and your limited to the size of the TB, which PD blowers are very sensitive to inlet restrictions. This is the main reason they never really had much success and never became a very popular option.

If you want a high 500/low 600 PD blower setup, then it’s not a bad choice. If you want room to grow and one day want big numbers, better options are available!

Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

"700rwhp or slightly above"... wow so much room to grow with the big bad magnuson.
So you really think 700 whp is the limit when they put down 600 on pump 93 with 52 lb injectors. Go upgrade id1050 or is 1300 with e85 and new fuel system will be way north of 700*♂You Obviously know nothing about cars

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
So you really think 700 whp is the limit when they put down 600 on pump 93 with 52 lb injectors. Go upgrade id1050 or is 1300 with e85 and new fuel system will be way north of 700*♂You Obviously know nothing about cars

Before you get all worked up. He's commenting on the size of the intake inlet.....can only get so much air through it so eventually there is a limit. Not to mention the shaft is in he middle of the intake.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Before you get all worked up. He's commenting on the size of the intake inlet.....can only get so much air through it so eventually there is a limit. Not to mention the shaft is in he middle of the intake.

Bingo!

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Best bang for thr buck is the procharger ho tuner kit i have for sale lol.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Most people that went with centrifugals only went in that direction because of their budgets. The ONLY REASON that they got one was because it's a cheaper option. Sure, they are powerful and fast. They are better suited/designed though for 1/4 mile racing and not daily driven street cars. Most people drive their cars 80-90% of the time at less than 4000 rpms. During this higher percentage, casual to slightly spirited driving, a PD has ACTUAL function since it builds power at 2000 rpms. If the centri crowd wanted a better choice for the same budget, the superior PD Magnuson is it. If they want a 1/4 mile only car, get a centri. case closed:cheers:
I thought the argument was that the maggy was cheaper than centri? So I guess we didn't just go centri because of our budget. :shrug:
Sponsored