Sponsored

Whipple gen 3 rotors!

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
I could see both sides of it. Sell the current blower, upgrade for $1K-$1500, and have a more efficient unit, or do fuel system/e85/pulley for around the same money. Like you said, probably geared more toward the high hp stuff. Still a killer incentive for new users.
Sponsored

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Very true. I may actually consider if it I can pass along the upper. Lol. Hell it only has 10K miles on it.
Hell, mine arrived yesterday (Stage 2 Gen 2) and hasn't even been out of the box yet - talk about wishing for a time machine! :headbonk:

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Hell, mine arrived yesterday (Stage 2 Gen 2) and hasn't even been out of the box yet - talk about wishing for a time machine! :headbonk:
Why dont you send it back and get the new upper?

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
First I'd like to send a huge shout out and thanks to [MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION] for once again supporting their customers with incredible products and support :headbang: Also a huge shout out to Lethal Performance for always bringing the most current Whipple goodies to the market and their support :headbang:

I have a Gen 3 on order and yesterday I was able to sell my Gen 2 blower to a friend for $2K. He'll be placing an order for the Stage 2 kit from Lethal "WK-2620S2-PARTS = 2015+ Stage 2 complete parts box **SUPERCHARGER NOT INCLUDED** $4495 retail" so he'll be into it for $6495.00 which is a nice savings off a new Stage 2 kit at $8,195.00. The $1700 savings was enough for him to get into a Stage 2 rather then go a different route. I firmly believe there will definitely be a market for the used Gen 2 blowers as it offers up a Stage 2 Whipple kit at a price level to a group of buyers that otherwise not want to or be able to spring for a new Gen 3 kit.

Granted this might not be a viable option for every single owner but its awesome that Whipple has at least made it an option for us Gen 2 owners that want to take the next step up :cheers: Most Mfgs. would just say sorry if you want the latest and greatest you need to buy a whole new unit or they would make design changes that forced you to buy a whole new setup. just like some other Mfgs that come out with upgraded stuff that wasn't for my tastes but still thought it was cool to see the parts game always going for more and stepping up there game :cheers:

Looking forward to getting the Gen 3 kit on and feeling the difference :headbang:

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
If you would like to upgrade, give us a call. We had another customer in a similar situation we were able to help.

Matt
Sponsored