Sponsored

Where are your next events?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Got a really cool event coming up in Memphis May 11-13. We've been doing this event for over 20 years now. Road course open track, 1/4 mile drags and autoX (which is more like a megaX since we use the back part of the road course.) It's a great time with a relatively small # of cars, so lots of track time. It started out as a camaro-firebird event but morphed into a "whatever you bring" event over the years. We have a hotel block with special parking and our own parking lot security. Lots of bench racing and BS'ing. It's a pretty diverse set of cars - from miata to corvette to CTS-V. Good times! Send me a PM if you're interested in more info. This will be the first year in a long time anyone has brought a mustang, so I'd feel better with some company. :)
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
NYR SCCA auto-x on Long Island in Calverton, this Sunday.

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Still a ways off, but I'm officially registered for Road America (I've wanted to drive that track for years) July 16th and Autobahn CC August 7th.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Still a ways off, but I'm officially registered for Road America (I've wanted to drive that track for years) July 16th and Autobahn CC August 7th.
I will be at Road America with MVP both days 7/15 and 7/16, you will love the track, one of the best in the country, and the Mustang loves the high speed tracks.

I will also be at Putnam Park on May 20-21st with 10/10ths and maybe there again on June 24-25th.

Dave

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Will be doing the event with lugz in Memphis then VIR in July.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Porsche Club of Chicago autocross next Sunday the 30th.

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
PCA HPDE at Palmer, MA. Ran with BMWCCA at Louden NH two weeks ago.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Will be doing the event with lugz in Memphis then VIR in July.
What group do you run with at VIR? I'm planning on doing the Track Daze Grand West at VIR in the late Fall. Awesome weather for it usually.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What group do you run with at VIR? I'm planning on doing the Track Daze Grand West at VIR in the late Fall. Awesome weather for it usually.
Im gonna go with Chin Motorsports and [MENTION=22354]tedj101[/MENTION] is meeting me there. I may also do the Targa Southland with SCCA in August. Haven't decided on that yet.

Sponsored

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Thinking of doing the TiNA event at MSR Cresson on 5/2. Has anyone done an event with TiNA?

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I did TNiA last week at Heartland Park Topeka. It was fun. It was also $50 so it was hard to pass up. It's a little more hard of a pill to swallow when you are talking $150 for 3 sessions, but there is almost always a $25 off code. I think [MENTION=9374]Sock[/MENTION] did the last TNiA at MSR Cresson and can tell you about it.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I avoid TNiA like a plague. Their Pittrace events have been awful. The only good thing about it is the amount of money they bring into the track.

With VIR, Rezoom is awesome, Chin, FSR PCA as well.

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
I avoid TNiA like a plague. Their Pittrace events have been awful. The only good thing about it is the amount of money they bring into the track.

With VIR, Rezoom is awesome, Chin, FSR PCA as well.
Can you elaborate? It seems like an okay deal for a total of 1hr of track time but if it is really that bad then i'll pass.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Can you elaborate? It seems like an okay deal for a total of 1hr of track time but if it is really that bad then i'll pass.
I had the same perception of TNiA as Impulsed7 and have avoided TNiA until recently as well. I've heard stories from TNiA from a couple years ago of it being a bit of a shit show. They have some practices that I don't necessarily agree with. For example, you can self-select what run group you are in. For the street driver with an ego, they think they are "advanced" drivers(READ: I drive flatout) and can create a dangerous situation. Novice drivers don't necessarily have an in-car instructor.

My friends in NJ do the ones at NJMP and they have witnessed some of the stuff mentioned above. One friend was brake checked by a S197 mustang on one of the straights, which almost caused a catastrophic event. They all have a good bit of video on that particular mustang. It's pretty apparent he should have been in the novice group.

That being said, I did the one at Heartland Park Topeka a week ago and had a lot of fun. It was when they were doing the promotion where the event only cost $50 and I am trying to get a few days at HPT before the NASA event at the end of May. I really really like our Kansas City and Kansas Region SCCA chapters. Plus Jeff Lacina(who is a well-known mustang and track day guy) is the road course manager. Everything was well run and advanced group(and the other groups as well) were issue free. Novice group received several classroom blocks of instruction and novices were asked if they wanted instructors. Those that asked for them, received them. I think the region running the event has a lot to do with the success of the event. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with TNiA.
Sponsored