Sponsored

Tapping into mirror for cam/radar, how should the pins fit?

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I got a cable from inviscord for USB, and able to get it to power but if I wiggle the cable slightly or pull back a bit it will lose power due to no connection.

The pins are just kind of touching the connection and not sturdy at all. Are the pins from this cable too big or small or is how mirror taps just is?
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I had the same issue for the longest time even after filing the pins as small as possible. Then 1 day I pushed it back in and it's been fine ever since (2 weeks or so now). I think I pushed it in on a different side of the square, if you know what I mean. Try on 1 of the vertical sides of the square. It may catch better there.

OP
OP
jordystang69

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same issue for the longest time even after filing the pins as small as possible. Then 1 day I pushed it back in and it's been fine ever since (2 weeks or so now). I think I pushed it in on a different side of the square, if you know what I mean. Try on 1 of the vertical sides of the square. It may catch better there.
I'll give it some more tries tomorrow. Do you have the inviscord version or something else?

I didn't ziptie and elec tape the install yet so it may help a bit after.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I'll give it some more tries tomorrow. Do you have the inviscord version or something else?

I didn't ziptie and elec tape the install yet so it may help a bit after.
Yep, the Invisicord version as well. They're all the same really, just metal pins.

Just thought about something. Mine pins are flat so they can slide in the side easier. Are yours round?

OP
OP
jordystang69

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, the Invisicord version as well. They're all the same really, just metal pins.

Just thought about something. Mine pins are flat so they can slide in the side easier. Are yours round?
Kind of flat, more like square pins. I got it to the point it will work but not tight enough for me, and it came lose after I took out the sd card to bring inside by slightly touching cable. Frustrating.

I am just taking it off tomorrow (cant wait to remove the 3m VHB adhessive! :tsk:) and I'll come back to the install with a wire into fuse box at a later date.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Can you file them flatter maybe? I know it was frustrating for me too and then bam it's stayed put for a while now.

OP
OP
jordystang69

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I used Mirrortap and it worked fine for the last 2 years.
Sponsored